Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Training

Re: BG Training

I was up and around Skiddaw on Monday. Nice, wasn't it? Let's hope you get the weather in 16 days time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I was up and around Skiddaw on Monday. Nice, wasn't it? Let's hope you get the weather in 16 days time.
    Yes, it really was lovely out there.

As pointless as it is, I have checked a few longer range forecasts and the general trend seems to be for the unsettled weather to continue. However, there appears to be the possibility of some settled weather for the north, which could work out pretty excellent for me. This is my faint hope and I'm clinging to it!
    Geoff Clarke

Good luck Hank!! Whats your start time, I might try and get up see you somewhere. Need to check work rota too tho. I've binned my effort for this year. I'm thinking of doing a couple of shorter challange things like Cumbrian Traverse and/or Tan Inn-Kirkstones Inn, I'll keep doing the BGR training thro summer and be in much better condition hopefully going into next year. I'd still like to get out with people, and I will once I am sure of my shifts etc. Good luck again, I'm sure you'll be ok!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Friday 27th, 1830, Moot Hall, going clockwise... maybe see you out there!
    Geoff Clarke

Just checked Hank! Nights on 27th/28th, so no can do, unfortunately!! Just get messages on the forum, I'll watch you from there!!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Geoff.

Don't worry about the weather. There's nothing you can do... You'll be fine.

I'm on lates on the Friday (of your round) but hope to get up there for the latter stages on Saturday. What schedule are you working off?

Quote Originally Posted by Clewy View Post
    Geoff.

Don't worry about the weather. There's nothing you can do... You'll be fine.

I'm on lates on the Friday (of your round) but hope to get up there for the latter stages on Saturday. What schedule are you working off?
    I hope so.

1830 start at Moot Hall and then schedule is roughly 2230 Threlkeld, 0300 Dunmail, 0900 Wasdale, 1400 Honister. Any cheering on in the latter stages would be awesome... I'll need it!
    Geoff Clarke

Super Moderator

I had a cracking couple of days recceing with friends this weekend. Leg 1 Saturday with MartynP was quite tough because it was cold but leg 4 yesterday with Fellgazelle and Becca was ace in the sun. Great to see some good training over the spring paying off and also lovely to see some familar faces including a few North Easterners out having fun too! :thumbup:
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 16-04-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I had a cracking couple of days recceing with friends this weekend. Leg 1 Saturday with MartynP was quite tough because it was cold but leg 4 yesterday with Fellgazelle and Becca was ace in the sun. Great to see some good training over the spring paying off and also lovely to see some familar faces including a few North Easterners out having fun too! :thumbup:
    whay aye man :thumbup:

My last proper run today and now I'm in taper mode!

Parked in Threlkeld and went up Hall's Fell on to Blencathra and off the back to Mungrisdale Common. It's ages since I've been on leg 1 with any visibility and it was great to remember how nice it is up there. Refreshed my memory of the good line up the back of Blencathra and nailed the descent down Hall's Fell... started right, quick bit of scree, steep grass slope, contour down and left across the slope, under the scary crag and on to the ridge... steady pace and down in 24 minutes. A quick coffee and bit of pasta in the car and then went up Clough Head and on to Raise and back. Pushed the pace a bit and made 20 minutes on my schedule. Nice to know I can take it slower on the day.

At the suggestion of my leg 2 nav man I've started taking a slightly different route up Clough Head by climbing left across the slope after crossing the Old Coach Road and turning up the NE shoulder towards White Pike. It's obviously longer on the ground, but less steep and just feels better to me (I've always hated Clough Head!). 47 minutes it took me today and that felt ok, I don't think I could do the regular direct ascent in that time without blowing several gaskets.

I had a great run out in lovely conditions with distant tops visible and all the route laid out before me.
    Geoff Clarke