Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Training

Re: BG Training

Looking forward to it Ash.

Currently not well with a stomach bug that's had me off work all week (and not training, obviously) and really knocked me for 6. This weekend's trip to the Lakes to do Legs 1 & 2 back to back has gone down the toilet (so to speak). Need to get over this and get a long day in for next weekend, either in the Lakes or do the Bullock Smithy route.

I have stuck pretty well to the 10,000' / week and stuck in a hard hill rep session each week too; have great support and stayed injury free. I am not sure anyone really feels like they have done enough, and I'll have to be firm with myself to avoid doing lots of hills in the final few days but done my best to stick with the plan up to now. But this berluddy gut rot!!!!!!!!:thunbdown:

Once the last hard day is done, it's a case of tapering with a few hill reps reducing to nothing much for final week.

Now, if I can just keep some food and drink down...
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Simon - I've PM'd you...
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Bad luck Simon. I'm also out of action, due to another cough that won't go away. I'll have to give it another week at least before I can start running again.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Get well soon Simon, that stomach bug's a nasty one, had it in march.
    Hills and Guinness!

I am sure that you will be ready in time Simon, it looks like you have put the training in! And I am looking forward to helping out :thumbup:

Well I had a good run with Ken on Saturday - We did leg 2 there and back and my timing was within what I have allowed for that leg. It was nice to put a 7hour training session in.

Wife and I heading up to Keswick tomorrow a.m, intention is to do leg 2 tomorrow afternoon with maybe a cheeky climb of Steel Fell afterwards.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Doddick 35 mins........mainly runnable with one clamber over rocks
    Parachute 25 mins.....(well my version of it). Very steep on scree and loose stuff.

Your 25 minutes down the parachute on loose scree, etc would nearer 40 minutes for me, what with dithering and falling all over the place .

Where on Doddick did you find rocks to clamber over?

I am still not well Ken, but I'll be in touch.
    Last edited by lantern rouge; 08-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

There's a steep section about half way down that's a little grim if wet. However, it can be avoided by using the two grassy knolls off right which can be seen from the ridge. Other very short sections can be avoided by going round the sides.

Did my last big day yesterday. I did all of 3 and intended to do all of 4 as well. Fresh snow covered the tops. All was going well until the heavens opened up over Pillar. By the time I got to Beckhead I was soaked through and getting colder by the second. So I beat a hasty retreat and legged it back to Honister where, after a call from Beckhead, my wife was waiting in a warm car. Still a great 9 1/2 hours on the fell.

All systems go at 19:30 on June 3rd....Off for 3 weeks in France tomorrow. Life is tough.
    Last edited by keswicksimon; 08-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keswicksimon View Post
    There's a steep section about half way down that's a little grim if wet. However, it can be avoided by using the two grassy knolls off right which can be seen from the ridge. Other very short sections can be avoided by going round the sides.

Did my last big day yesterday. I did all of 3 and intended to do all of 4 as well. Fresh snow covered the tops. All was going well until the heavens opened up over Pillar. By the time I got to Beckhead I was soaked through and getting colder by the second. So I beat a hasty retreat and legged it back to Honister where, after a call from Beckhead, my wife was waiting in a warm car. Still a great 9 1/2 hours on the fell.

All systems go at 19:30 on June 3rd....Off for 3 weeks in France tomorrow. Life is tough.
    Have a good one Simon - see you on the start line in just over three weeks. Its all a bit close now hey?!!

Martin
    @spooney33