Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: BG Training

Re: BG Training

First BG day out for ages it seems. Did final section Honister-Keswick. First time I've done this section in full. Interesting to look at this route from a BGR point of view. Also went up and down Grey Craggs to see if I could suss out the line of descent. Good day out but very very tired for some reason. Got around the whole in just over 3.30hrs and the Honister-Keswick in under 3hrs, so moderately pleased. Couldnt stop eating and drinking when I got back tho!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Great run out yesterday over leg 1. The cloud was down on Skiddaw summit which was very windy & cold to but once i dropped down towards Hare Crag the sun was shining. The ground under foot around Hare Crag was very wet and boggy falling down a few times into some boggy sections to above knee hight in places.
    Had a good climb to the top of Great Calva then after descending into the bottom by the sheep fold ran along the boggy track towards the river Caldew. After crossing the Caldew it was then the long hard slog to the top of Blencathra followed then by descending via Doddick Fell route to Threlkeld.
    Overall a great day out but hard going under foot at times so i was pleased to get round in under 3 half hours.:thumbup:
    Last edited by markmc; 14-10-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Anyone out today over Leg #2? Set off lateish, about 11.15. Saw a few fell-shoe prints out there. Caught a guy from Penrith eventually, just before Stybarrow and then met another guy from Keswick who was recceing for Winter attempt. Good day eventually, after a slow start. Followed fence off Stybarrow and found route off Seat Sandal. 4.04 hrs, pretty pleased!

i did leg 2 yesterday you must of been just in front of me then did the sheepdog catch you up , set off at 11.30 but this was after doing leg 1 so did this leg in 4.15 but never really went for it and we rode back to threkeld after calling in pub for quick one did you see the lad on motorbike 10 yr old if that on his tod, after doing clough head at a peculiar angle we were down on time (learn by your mistakes) it was,nt to cold tho too far to the right there was a trod there tho so i hav,nt been the only one

@vespa
    Was the sheepdog with a tall guy in a green water-proof. If so I spoke to him at Dunmail! He was pretty quick. Thats good going 4.15 with leg #1 too! You must have been pretty close behind and catching me, surprised i didnt see you as I came off Fairfield. I tried straight up Clough Head but veered to far left, I did it on a whim really so next time I need to check the proper route up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Followed fence off Stybarrow and found route off Seat Sandal.
    Followed fence off Stybarrow? To Raise? This is a bit puzzling, please do explain!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Lots of good discussion on the Clough Head ascent here:

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...gh-Head-ascent
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Followed fence off Stybarrow? To Raise? This is a bit puzzling, please do explain!
    Aaaah!! you spotted my 'deliberate' mistake! Stybarrow...Dollywagon...similar!?

i did see runner coming of fairfield as we came round the tarn so you may have been that person did you pass the walker woman wearing red coming down fairfield the lad may have put top on after he passed us as it started snowing on helvellyn it was the only person we seen with sheepdog there was lad and lass going up to the tarn via the beck as we were descending seat sandal

@vespa
    I passed a few walkers coming down tbh. Mainly couples as I recall. I was in blue top with a green KIMM sac. Tricky spotting forum peeps aint it!!?