Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Training

Re: BG Training

Martin - do you have a date fixed for your attempt?
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Hi Daztheslug!
    i have placed my intention with R Hakes at DP for the 22nd June, which is being considered, if not i may pick another weekend, late may or first weekend in June.
    Cheers Martin

Did 17 miles approx. yesterday with 6,700' climb. Felt okish, strong enough to run big chunks of last 3 mile down Langdale. But 7 hours, far too slow oberall! I'm thinking I might postpone until next year. I only have two free weekends and one is the Lakeland 50 which might be my better option this year. I'll see how I go in March, going to try legs 1 and 2 on Friday.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJGriff View Post
    Hi Daztheslug!
    i have placed my intention with R Hakes at DP for the 22nd June, which is being considered, if not i may pick another weekend, late may or first weekend in June.
    Cheers Martin
    my race diary is choc-a for late May/early June, but I might be available to support for 22nd/24th June weekend
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Martin - thought I saw you out early one morning last week as I was driving across Milford bridge on my way to work. Not seen you since Shining Cliff, sounds like you are getting into your stride and had a good outing at GG.

Just back from long weekend in Lakes did Legs 1,2(plus a bit) & 5 on separate days and even though I'm reasonably fit (Skyline in 2 weeks) it's the climbs that really make you realise training for a BG is going to be quite different to getting fit for an AL race even!!

I'm looking at sussing out the route and getting a good feel for the round this year, attempt next year. So if you need support or are heading up for a recce let me know. Might join in DP recce at Easter if there is room.

Cheers - JohnB

Hi JohnB,
    Yeah seems like it's working out at the mo, will see you at the Skyline, bit of a slip on dates, so not running, marshaling on Mam Tor, look out for me at the start.
    Training for an AL is something that you can plan for and execute, BGr is just relentless upping!
    Sounds like you had a good weekend in the Lakes, planning a dash up and back soon, so might be worth setting it up.
    Drop me a PM with your mobile, we can have a natter about dates and maybe get some upping in around Thorpe,Ps all help welcome.
    Cheers Martin

Blog: http://alwayssearchingfor.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks Daz, any help more than welcome, will confirm attempt date.
    Cheers Martin

Managed Wasdale-Honister leg. Bit slow 5.06, but fairly happy. Ran from Honister to Wasdale for the start point. Does anyone know the distance and climb for that route going down Gavel Neese? Also just as an aside, my Garmin recorded 11.7miles/5,800', which is at odds with the distance stated in Bob Wightmans site! (I'm fairly sure BW will be right mind!!)
    Last edited by that_fjell_guy; 29-03-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Didnt want MASSIVE smiley!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Am having a good weekends BG training going up this morning camping in Langdale might go up Helm Crag and Gibson Knott to tick some Wainwrights off.

Then Saturday gonna run back along BG route to Langdale and Sunday pick it back up back to Keswick...

Quote Originally Posted by andygib1982 View Post
    Am having a good weekends BG training going up this morning camping in Langdale might go up Helm Crag and Gibson Knott to tick some Wainwrights off.

Then Saturday gonna run back along BG route to Langdale and Sunday pick it back up back to Keswick...
    Have a good time Andy. I'll be following you on Monday ..... training plan for the next week is for a jog round 3Ps tomorrow (am resisting the temptation to run Blubberhouses 25) then up to Langdale on Monday for an easy belt round the Three Shires route, Langdale - Bowfell - Wasdale - Langdale on Tuesday, maybe leg 2 on Wednesday and then Honister - Wasdale - Leg 4 on Thursday.

I will probably rest on Friday
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners