Thread: Hey

Hey

Just thought I'd say hello, and give a brief intro..

I love running, although I'm not particulary good at it. I live in Cambridge, which is not well known for its hills. I fractured my ankle in two places and tore four ligaments earlier in the year so have had a break from running. Getting back into it now as I am, I would love to get into Fell running, obviously this isn't easy being here, but I can at least go "up north" fairly regularly to run in the Pennines around Haworth, Colne, Winewall etc. So I guess at the moment I'm a cross country runner with ambitions to run a few hills.

The Winberry Naze dash is on the cards this year, though I'll be walk/jogging it. And I'm considering the Haworth Hobble next year...though that might be a bit too soon in my recovery.

Any other Cambridge-fellrunner-wannabes around?

Re: Hey

You bet. I've been fell running for about 18 months, love it, and curse the fact that I live in Cambridge daily. Have now done Longshaw (my first race ), Edale Skyline, Borrowdale, and two Rabs and run in the hills any chance I get, which is more than i might with two kids, but less than I want to!

Very *very* keen to car-share on day-trips. I'm doing the Rab mini on 8/1. Might enter the Edale Skyline again (also March, Haworth looks interesting but realistically I don't have time to train for a 33 miler. Happy to go for a plod down the river sometime if you want to meet up! Are you in C&C?

Re: Hey

I have actually emailed C&C about coming along for a try in January - the last thing I wanted to do was turn up soon after having trashed my ankle and get put off by lots of fit and fast people .

I'm probably going to do the Ely 10k (slowly) on NYE if the missus will let me, and then I'm looking for anything really - some day trips would be awesome, I'm keen to find some bloody hills!
    Run today, for you might not be able tomorrow.