Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebay

Re: Tebay

It was a great race , first time I have done it, it seems to have most things - fast descents, steep climbs and a great contour. Thanks to all the marshalls,etc. Are there any results on the web yet?

alwaysinjured

Couldnt make the race - can someone post a route description or map for a reccie?

It was great not to be eaten alive by midgies, as per normal, but I did miss the running into the sunset bit at the end! Well done to the marshalls and onlookers who must have been pretty cold and wet by the time we'd all finished.
    AI - I'll post grid references for the checkpoints, if nobody beats me to it, later tonight.
    A circular route mostly downhill

http://www.helmhillrunners.co.uk/Tebay%20Map.pdf

Courtesy of Helm Hill Runners....
    Why walk when you can run.

Tebay 11th June

http://www.helmhillrunners.co.uk/Tebay%20Map.pdf

If conditions stay like this it could be a fast race with it dry underfoot. The bracken on Blease Fell is shooting up though.

Looking forward to another good race this year. Rumour has it that Tebay might be a champs race next year. Come and give it a recce next Wednesday.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Re: Tebay 11th June

Hopefully make this one, was there any results posted last year for this? never got my time. Was pretty bleak last year if i remember right, pie and pea supper after made it all worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Hopefully make this one, was there any results posted last year for this? never got my time. Was pretty bleak last year if i remember right, pie and pea supper after made it all worth while.
    I've had a quick google but can't find any. The organisers are pretty amenable so you could drop them an email and they might bring them along next week.

Well done HHH last night!!!! What a great race this is!
    Any confirmation as to wether this race is going to be an English champs race next year?

Top night last night. Lovely fast conditions and a good turnout. Nice to see the Wharfey boys venturing this far north midweek. It is a gem of a race. Nobody who runs it can drive up that bit of the M6 without telling everyone in the car "I run up that big hill" It'll make Kettlewell seem a tad short on Sunday!

Yeah top night Harry, Well run was good condtions, That is some last climb!!! Privleged for showers and pie and pea supper. Thanks to the organisers. Roll on Kettlewell, Racing better than training anyday