Thread: 2012 English counter entries

2012 English counter entries

This is a bit of a newbie question so apologies.

I would like to run the English counter races in 2012 to see how many points I can amass in my age group (no aspirations) and in the past I have entered occasional fell races either individually or on the day without issue. I am aware that the above may be oversubscribed so my question is should I simply enter these races as soon as entries open and hope for the best or are there other ways of ensuring entry to the series?
    Also what do runners with greater aspirations do to ensure they gain entry to all the relevent counters?

Thanks muchly.

Banned

Re: 2012 English counter entri

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie View Post
    This is a bit of a newbie question so apologies.

I would like to run the English counter races in 2012 to see how many points I can amass in my age group (no aspirations) and in the past I have entered occasional fell races either individually or on the day without issue. I am aware that the above may be oversubscribed so my question is should I simply enter these races as soon as entries open and hope for the best or are there other ways of ensuring entry to the series?
    Also what do runners with greater aspirations do to ensure they gain entry to all the relevent counters?

Thanks muchly.
    Keep an eye on the calendar, as no one has priority status. All the links to all the races are on this thread.

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...pionship-Races

Enter as early as possible, even if you're only half sure you want to do it. Then you can always withdraw in the week before the event - or just don't turn up.

Needless to say, I'm joking. There has been a lot of discussion about the tactics above.

Good luck in the champs. I'm targeting a few for the first time in 2012 also.

From an entry perspective to give yourself the best chance of receiving an entry, get organised, make sure you check the wording of the entry requirements and dates, then comply, have the appropriate SAE's stamps etc.

I targeted the English Champs in 2010, got in all i applied for, the quality of field was alot higher right through the field.

Best of luck.
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

Thanks for the advice all.

Sent applications to those receiving them but only dispatched them when I recieved the FRA fixture list. Doh!!! Fingers crossed.

Tuffer, loving that avatar!