Thread: Underfloor Heating???

Underfloor Heating???

Anyone got this?

We moved into a 3yr old house (leaving my 18th Century weavers cottage, beautiful stone walls, mullion windows and doors, open beams, character features etc etc etc...oh, did I mention it wasn't entirely my idea...? ) Sept last year into effectively a largish 3 bed semi.

Underfloor heating sounds a nice thing (no radiators to dust/paint/paint behind/get in way of bookcases etc etc) but we just got our first quarterly bill...£235. To me this sounds (and feels) a bit of...

Does anyone else have this and are your bills about this too...?

I wouldn't mind but I'm bloody freezing most of the time cos Mrs Stick keeps turning the thermostats down!
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Re: Underfloor Heating???

Energy suppliers tend to charge according to their "estimate" of how much you will use. They say IF you happen to use less they will refund the difference, if you use more they'll ask you more.

I did trust them at first, before I eventually fund out their "ESTIMATE" (26gas, 26electr.) is enourmously more than we actually use (and we use much).

This first bill you got perhaps just means nothing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Anyone got this?

We moved into a 3yr old house (leaving my 18th Century weavers cottage, beautiful stone walls, mullion windows and doors, open beams, character features etc etc etc...oh, did I mention it wasn't entirely my idea...? ) Sept last year into effectively a largish 3 bed semi.

I wouldn't mind but I'm bloody freezing most of the time cos Mrs Stick keeps turning the thermostats down!
    can't really see what you are complaining at your a fell runner running in copld wet orrible conditions is standard cooler house will toughen u up.. also it keeps the bills down and is better for the envioroment?

Anyone got this?

Underfloor heating sounds a nice thing (no radiators to dust/paint/paint behind/get in way of bookcases etc etc) but we just got our first quarterly bill...£235. To me this sounds (and feels) a bit of...

Could be an excuse to get Mrs sticks into bed?? Say "As you are turning the thermostat down Lets go to bed & keep warm doing some 'exercise'"!!!!..
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Cheers Gang, appreciate the feedback and thoughts !

AllanT - the only fly in the ointment there is that, as every boy scout knows, rubbing 2 sticks together can cause sparks! (...it did when I passed on your suggestion just now; timing never was my strong point I guess )
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Thumbs up Underfloor Heating

Anyone got this?

Had it in a house many years ago & found it the fastest & most efficient method of central heating.

Regards,

Max.
    Last edited by Max; 05-02-2007 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Silly me.
    "Do as little as needed not as much as possible" - Henk Kraayenhof.

Never be afraid to take a profit.

Banned
    Be nice to have.