Page 112 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1235

Thread: Overweight to Raceweight goal

Re: Overweight to Raceweight

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    Thanks Stagger, I'll give the 5:2 diet a try. I have a mountain bike, though I prefer running by far, I'll try and mix in some cross training as well.

About 12 years ago I went from 21st to 13st in about 9 months, mainly by fasting 'most' days and mountain biking 'most' days, it worked (in that I lost weight fast and got really fit), but I felt awful and blacked out twice while out mountain biking. So probably wasn't the cleverest strategy.

Cheers for the advice and tips.
    I can recommend the 5:2 diet. Its fasting (restricted calories actually - 600 for men) on two days. Worth reading Michael Moseley's book.
    Ali H - Glossopdale Harriers

I bought Michael Moseley's book (the fast diet) on my Kindle earlier, so will start reading it this evening.

Edit: For those who have done an IF diet like 5:2, how do you personally organise your fast days with respect to training?

Both fast days together or separated? And presumably light/no training on fast days?

I'm off up to Brecon on Sunday so will likely not pick that day as a fast day, according to my Suunto I used 3800 calories last time I was there...
    Last edited by Vampire; 06-09-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Banned

I bought Michael Moseley's book (the fast diet) on my Kindle earlier, so will start reading it this evening.

Edit: For those who have done an IF diet like 5:2, how do you personally organise your fast days with respect to training?

Both fast days together or separated? And presumably light/no training on fast days?
    Fast days separate. Mon & Thur usually for me.
    Gym or recovery run on fast days. Took a couple of weeks before I could exercise through a fast day.
    Now its just normal now to fast and my weight is stable with running good this year.

Anyone doing or done 80-10-10?
    I have dabbled and found it very energising.
    80% carbs 10% fat 10% protein.
    Looks like the opposite of fasting, and seems to keep the weight off.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Although I dont struggle with overweight I have to keep what I have!

Not bothered with this thread lately as basically I'm about 12st 7lb in winter then if I get some training/races in I can get to 12st. It'd be a struggle to get lighter and I'd look like Skeletor!! So I'm now happyish where I am! :thumbup:
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Still 132.5 - nothing more to report

Another update. I was 116Kg a couple of weeks ago, and was 112.9Kg this morning.

I didn't do the 5:2 diet, but what I did do was pay a South African sports nutrition guy to prepare me a Paleo eating plan which follows Tim Noakes Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet advice.

I've been following this for 8 days now and and dropped just over 3Kg in that time, I don't feel hungry, and my appetite is getting less so I've not been tempted to snack at all. Seems to be working well for me, I've been testing my blood glucose regularly and it's been pretty stable around 5.0mmol/L all of the time.

Hopefully I can keep it going.

Another update. I was 116Kg a couple of weeks ago, and was 112.9Kg this morning.

I didn't do the 5:2 diet, but what I did do was pay a South African sports nutrition guy to prepare me a Paleo eating plan which follows Tim Noakes Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet advice.

I've been following this for 8 days now and and dropped just over 3Kg in that time, I don't feel hungry, and my appetite is getting less so I've not been tempted to snack at all. Seems to be working well for me, I've been testing my blood glucose regularly and it's been pretty stable around 5.0mmol/L all of the time.

Hopefully I can keep it going.
    How are you feeling energy wise Vampire? I know a few lads who have tried the paleo but sacked it off due to lack of energy, not enough carbs for training.

Great work on the weight loss!

I haven't weighed since my holiday but am now eating more healthily and drinking less alcohol so I can feel that I'm getting back to my usual weight. I've had some good performances in races but stood at the startline of Edale Skyline, I was aware that I'm not the whippet that most of the women there were! I'm going to return to myfitnesspal.com and start tracking what I eat again with the hope of losing a couple pounds to become a better running weight. My main aim is to help my knees a bit on the descents but generally I feel positive about my weight and am not feeling obsessed which is has always been my worry when considering taking part in this thread.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'