Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Overweight to Raceweight goal

Re: Overweight to Raceweight g

I'm about 70kg . Am hoping at some point to get down to 57kg, which I haven't been for over 10 years

Three years ago I was 101kg & could hardly walk 100yards

You've come a long way then. Well done! That's a major achievement!

I'm not quite sure what I weigh as I don't have scales for fear of getting obsessed but my annual weigh in at my sister's house usually is about 62-63kg and I'd ideally like to be about 60ish. (I think that's right...I don't really do kilos, I'm a stones woman!).

Quote Originally Posted by BionicBetty View Post
    Three years ago I was 101kg & could hardly walk 100yards
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    You've come a long way then. Well done! That's a major achievement!

I'm not quite sure what I weigh as I don't have scales for fear of getting obsessed but my annual weigh in at my sister's house usually is about 62-63kg and I'd ideally like to be about 60ish. (I think that's right...I don't really do kilos, I'm a stones woman!).
    Yes I am too but thank god for phone Aps that convert :thumbup: & thanks I know I hae & never dreamed I'd be fell running but there you go. Have to admit I chucked mine in the bin last year but did weigh myself a few months back on my brother's scales

11st 0lb due to Christmas, & I'm aiming to get down to 10st 5lb for a BG attempt in June. Don't know nothing about these kg things, but I'm not bad with rods, poles & perches...
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

I would be grateful if I could be added to this please? I'm afraid I've not been properly fit for nearly 10 years and look like someone has inflated me with a bike pump. Currently 15st 3Ibs (96kg) at a height of 6 ft and am aiming to get down to 11st 7Ibs (73kg) in 6 months-ish. Racing weight is just under 11 st but I'll try getting close before I worry about that. I'm 29 and really want to get back in shape and racing before I hit 30. Aim is to get fit for a few shortish races from late april onward and build up race distance from there - always preferred the longer stuff. Training started this week and from my current fitness level there is plenty of pain ahead!

im 36 yrs old 5"11 currently 12 n a harf stone, was over 13 stone 12 months ago wana get to 12 stone in nxt 6 months, think id prod be happy at that trying to do it by exercise alone no diets!

Right this thread is all over the place, and as a result it probably won't take off like last years did.
    First we need to decide our measurement of choice. At the minute we have kg, lbs and stones it's a bit of a mess. I vote for pounds as it's a lot easier to track your progress without having to do measurements to decimal places. Pounds was also the measurement of choice last year, so why not stick with it?
    Secondly if people want to join in then just copy and paste the last list and add your details to it - simple.
    "That was the night everything changed"

When I embarked upon project "fell running" as opposed to "occasionally running around the moors" in September I was 210lb (6'1")....a big unit. Target was to get under 196lb by New Year's Day (for race). Ran the race at 194lb approx. I have eased up on the calorie counting and allowed myself to drink again since, whilst actually stepping up mileage. I'm still at that weight.
    The intention is to, very steadily, get about another 12lb off during the year and to see where I am in terms of beefy vs scrawny then. Don't want to be too scrawny.
    28 years ago, when I was last a competitive athlete, I was the same height but my racing weight was just over 150lb. There is no chance of getting there again....unless I'm unfortunate enough to become gravely ill.
    So, starting now 194lb, target 182lb by year's end.

Will people please decide how they want this thread to run and then I'll sort out the list. If no ones interested in the next few days i'll take it the thread has died and not bother. Ta
    "That was the night everything changed"