Thread: newbie in middlesbrough

newbie in middlesbrough

Hey y'all!Just been getting into fell running lately and loving it. Ive been running the mountain bike trails I normally hit on my mtb. I have also entered a few events this year. Sparta races, mudrunner duathlon and the yorkshire terrier ratrace. Hopefully l will be doing some smaller races too. My training background is mtbing and crossfit and the occasional road running.Cheers!

Re: newbie in middlesbrough

Welcome to the forum, Scott.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Welcome Scott, I'm based in Stockton-on-Tees, there're a few Teesside knocking about on the forum. Check out Esk Valley Fell Club website for local fell races, NYMAC and Durham FR are the other local-ish clubs. I go running with Esk Valley (despite not being a member ) and they're very welcoming - fell runs every Tuesday.

Next up: Old Monks Trail Race Sunday 8th Jan, Hart, Hartlepool, 5.5miles.
    Clay Bank East Fell Race Sunday 15th Jan, Clay Bank car park, 9.1km (5.5miles again, but more hills).

I'll be at the latter definitely, and probably at the former. I try to get out into the moors most weekends so drop me a PM if you want to lift-share (planning a little recce of Clay Bank East this Saturday)

Nic
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Welcome Scott. From the Boro myself, now living away. Some good looking races to go at up that way.

Thanks for the welcome fella's. Those events look good ba ba, I have been eyeing them up too. I managed to get up roseberry topping in 12:20 on the 27th. Sweated out all my beer and food I over indulged in over Christmas. lol. I went straight up the grass bank instead of turning right after the steep wooden steps. Bad move! Still fun though!

come and say hello if you make it out - I'll be in a Billingham vest at the Old Monks but a Pennine vest at Clay Bank - normally paired with blue shorts, just for the ultimate colour clash!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Sorry Scott, only just spotted your post. If you haven't already done so, I back up what ba ba said and get yourself to the Esk Valley Headtorchers on Tuesday nights. Good social sessions, basically as easy or a hard as you like. I'm based in Great Ayton, slowly building a base after long injury lay off, but will def be returning for Tuesday night trainging around March. Maybe see you there?

Hi Scott, next Esk Valley head-torch run on Tuesday 7th Feb is from Great Ayton as its the first Tuesday of the month and with the added bonus of beer and chips at the Royal Oak after the run. The Tuesday nights are about 7-9miles at a steady pace.

The next cycle of head-torch runs will be on the blog very soon and after a brief restbite the Winter series fell races come every 2 weeks or so.

Cheers

Clive
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

New Marske Harriers!! Gisbrorough Moors Race is a minor classic.

don't forget this Sunday 12 feb, the beacon race starts from the Danby moors lodge and not the Eskdale pub, great race most of the route will be the same I would think but Dave usually has maps in his car at the start.