Thread: fit to run?

fit to run?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/we...pe-to-run.html

Someone from our club posted this on our forum - I've just had a go at it .......... bearing in mind I'm feeling a bit stiff from 10 miles this morning it seems I've got the green light........

Worth a go perhaps.

Re: fit to run?

Oh dear, according to that, I am not fit to run...and I do run a lot so it is a timely reminder for me to get back to doing the exercises that my physio told me to do and maybe I'll stop getting injured and be in good condition for the long distances I intend doing this year!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Not surprisingly I failed the hamstring test abysmally (sp?) only reaching about 55 degrees. Apart from that I'm just about fit to run, which is a good job given I did a 19.25 miler on New Years Day

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Not surprisingly I failed the hamstring test abysmally (sp?) only reaching about 55 degrees. Apart from that I'm just about fit to run, which is a good job given I did a 19.25 miler on New Years Day
    I decided not to risk the test. I didn't want to end up with an injury trying to find out if I was fit enough to run :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I decided not to risk the test. I didn't want to end up with an injury trying to find out if I was fit enough to run :w00t:
    dead funny

Hamstring test was fine for me, the others are a little iffy but not too bad (strange as I always thought I had tight hams) I have some work to do but I'm mostly aware of it already anyway. Interesting little article
    @Hill_Runner on twitter