Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Workman Etiquette in your home

Angry Workman Etiquette in your home

We are having a new floor put down today and the bloke who is doing the job is currently in my bathroom shitting his guts out.

Obviously I am aware the fella can't go a day without taking a crap, but is it wrong for me to be mortified at this action he has taken, especially since he has just been home for his lunch break.

I feel quite unsettled.

I might also add that there were quite a few HNNGGHHH's coming from the bathroom and a lot of loud splattering. I'm not game to go in there and will go for a piss in the garden if needs be.

I fear that there is a mess and if the wife comes home to discover it I will be blamed.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Re: Workman Etiquette in your

I read the title and thought, yes, good thread, I had a carpenter who kept his shoes on!

But he didn't do a massive explosive dump. I should thank my lucky stars.

Going in work's time is fair dos, but not when it's someone else's house... Maybe he has got the squits??

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Going in work's time is fair dos, but not when it's someone else's house... Maybe he has got the squits??
    He's still in there.

One Hill...... as i'm sure you appreciate, the sanctity of the toilet is something we should never underestimate. If you’re like me, you’ll have spent years, decades even, building up your toilet as a place of contentment. Somewhere where you can escape the trials of life and attend to your business in a relaxed manner - safe in the knowledge that you’ve got a good understanding of the social class of bottom that have sat there before you.

This ignoramus might aswell have squirted out his hot rusty water right into the centre of my very soul. Well in a way, he has to be honest.

He’s effectively broken the bond that I and my toilet have built up over the years and my view is that there’s no way back – I now need to start thinking about a new bathroom suite or perhaps even moving house.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Obviously I am aware the fella can't go a day without taking a crap, but is it wrong for me to be mortified at this action he has taken, especially since he has just been home for his lunch break.
    Perhaps he'd already been to his own earlier in the day but made such a mess that yours seemed a much more attractive proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Perhaps he'd already been to his own earlier in the day but made such a mess that yours seemed a much more attractive proposition.
    He's still in there Muddy. Like I said, I wouldn't have bothered normally, just the fact that he had been at his place for the last hour, which he says is only a few minutes away. When he got back the first thing he did was head for the bathroom. I guess when it hits, it hits :w00t:

I trust he will open the window and warn you to "give it 5 minutes" before entering

The TV man from Virgin Media came to mine the other day to install a new box, didnt wipe his feet and I was left with mud all over the carpet . I spent an annoying hour cleaning it. They just don't give a shit what they trail in with them !

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I trust he will open the window and warn you to "give it 5 minutes" before entering
    Tomorrow Alf, I intend to lock the door, I will provide him with a potty and some leaves and a note pointing him to a discrete area of the garden. Jobs a good un. :w00t:

The TV man from Virgin Media came to mine the other day to install a new box, didnt wipe his feet and I was left with mud all over the carpet . I spent an annoying hour cleaning it. They just don't give a shit what they trail in with them
    Rhino.....Clearly he was not remotely concerned about the stress he'd cause you.

The fact that you'll be plagued by this incident until the day you die just doesn't even register with these people.

I've thought for a long time that people can't be trusted and this just further proves it. :w00t:
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 05-01-2012 at 03:37 PM.

We had a bloke come from our insurance company the other day to monitor some wall cracks. He arrived 40 minutes early and I was still in my dressing gown. I was quite miffed at the time but it sounds pretty tame now compared to Danbert's ordeal. What a violation!