Thread: hrm monitors

Question hrm monitors

which is the best hrm monitor to get ???? anybody any ideas, ?????

Re: hrm monitors

Basic job from Lloyds chemist for a tenner, tells you the time and how fast the ticker is going.
    Spend some more and get a Polar, loads of models depending what extra bits you want it to do.
    Garmin Forerunner 305 with Sat Nav capabilty, performance graphing, Google Earth Mapping, Memory Map intergration and more all for £150 ish.
    You pays your money and gets more or less what you pays for.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Basic job from Lloyds chemist for a tenner, tells you the time and how fast the ticker is going.
    Spend some more and get a Polar, loads of models depending what extra bits you want it to do.
    Garmin Forerunner 305 with Sat Nav capabilty, performance graphing, Google Earth Mapping, Memory Map intergration and more all for £150 ish.
    You pays your money and gets more or less what you pays for.......
    I think a big thing is whether you're a "gizmo sort of person." I'm a Luddite, which means my fairly upmarket Polar HRM is pretty much wasted on me. I use it to tell the time, my HR when running, and my average HR at the end of a run and that's about it. The proverbial 10 quid job from Boots would have done me fine. If you're attracted to gizmos in the rest of your life (i.e. if you read instructions and get the most out of all your electronic devices) then it may well be worth forking out for a good HRM. But if, like me, you want basic info and have no interest beyond the "on/off" switch then be realistic and go to Boots!

Ive got the garmin forerunner 305 myself great tool relly enjoying using it depends on what else you need for your training needs
    Track rules

Cool Re: HRM

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    which is the best hrm monitor to get ???? anybody any ideas, ?????
    I recently bought a Timex Ironman & found that I have to remove the battery from the cheststrap between runs as it only lasts 2 months otherwise.
    There is one on the market without a chest strap which I suppose would be more beneficial & cheaper but I do not know the make.

Regards,

Max.
    "Do as little as needed not as much as possible" - Henk Kraayenhof.

Never be afraid to take a profit.