Page 309 of 315 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Good to see you're on the entry list Matt, hope the weather is as nice as your recce!

a bit of snow on route today but it will be gone by the weekend which is looking good at the moment.

at the moment the mamnick road is closed for road works, it may be prudents to allow a bit of extra time if you are coming that way.

Good point

http://splitapps.derbyshire.gov.uk/road_closures/ lists the road closure as finishing on Friday 24th.

The diversion for me(coming from Buxton direction) adds another 15mins to go via Castleton and Hope if the road is still closed on 26th
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/

Quote Originally Posted by drmorris View Post
    Good point

http://splitapps.derbyshire.gov.uk/road_closures/ lists the road closure as finishing on Friday 24th.

The diversion for me(coming from Buxton direction) adds another 15mins to go via Castleton and Hope if the road is still closed on 26th
    I'll be over there tomorrow so will check

I was studying the route in great detail last night as I plotted it on Tracklogs. Can anyone advise on the final route to Ringing Roger from Grindsbrook Clough? From the map it seems to make sense to fork left on a level contour and pass above a spring before climbing from Golden Clough. That's without knowing what the ground looks like, of course. Total ascent works out at just over 4,600'.

With the exception of route details I notice that instructions on the DPFR site are from 2016. Does anyone know if they still apply for this year - e.g. same kit instructions in view of another good forecast?

it's your funeral but kudos if you take it!

everyone else will be on the edge path. Moving of the Grindslow CP from the knoll to the path has removed any option of a direct line (the down and up)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    I was studying the route in great detail last night as I plotted it on Tracklogs. Can anyone advise on the final route to Ringing Roger from Grindsbrook Clough? From the map it seems to make sense to fork left on a level contour and pass above a spring before climbing from Golden Clough. That's without knowing what the ground looks like, of course. Total ascent works out at just over 4,600'.

With the exception of route details I notice that instructions on the DPFR site are from 2016. Does anyone know if they still apply for this year - e.g. same kit instructions in view of another good forecast?
    Britnick, I'll show you what I know about this line if you remind me on Sunday morning.

John S
    Glossopdale

Hoping to be up on Win Hill on Sunday. SMILE!

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    it's your funeral but kudos if you take it!

everyone else will be on the edge path. Moving of the Grindslow CP from the knoll to the path has removed any option of a direct line (the down and up)
    I'm puzzled. I thought we were following the edge path to CP14, from where the path continues down Grindsbrook Clough, but we don't want to go down there. Looking more closely at some considerable magnification I see a left turn onto the edge path that takes us on a wild goose chase. I'll update my map. Thanks Nic.

(Incidentally it was the 'down and up' I was concerned about - down to the finish and up to Ringing Roger and back!)

Final stats 21.1 miles with 4,622' of ascent.
    Last edited by BritNick; 24-03-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: More details

Master
    The route notes on the website say you must follow the edge path all the way along Kinder. So if I somehow manage to beat the cut-offs, that's what I'll be doing!

Only bit of the route I'm not clear on is the descent into the woods north of Win Hill but I expect it'll make sense when I get there! Do we descend immediately then contour along forest tracks, or do we contour above the woods and then do a there-and-back to the checkpoint?