Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Run

Chicken Run

This race is on Saturday in Hayfield. Does anyone have anymore details on it?

EDIT - just to answer my own question. I've been informed this race is all set to go, flagged and well marshaled.
    Last edited by John Peel; 31-03-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: received info from the RO

Quote Originally Posted by Dragilex View Post
    This race is on Saturday in Hayfield. Does anyone have anymore details on it?

EDIT - just to answer my own question. I've been informed this race is all set to go, flagged and well marshaled.
    Any info on route please?
    Will Meredith - Pennine

RO told me she has the route on Strava but I'm failing to find it, other than that she said she would email me the route, I can post that when I receive it.

I've no idea about the route (but Lantern Pike would seem a good bet), however there are other things going off around the village during the day. Here is the press release:-

PRESS RELEASE
    Eventful day in Hayfield: Saturday 5th April

Three community groups in Hayfield have independently organised visitor entertainment events for Saturday 5th April.

In the morning, Hayfield Primary School are hosting a “Chicken Run” fell racing program. There are races for all ages; 5K & 9.5K for adults, registration from 9.30am, races from 10am, adults 11am. There will also be prizes, cakes, Easter egg hunts and a clothing sale.

The Kinder Visitor Centre Group are holding their first pop-up Art sales and Exhibition in the Village Hall, featuring paintings of Kinder and the Hayfield landscape, by six different local artists. This goes on from 10am to 4pm. There will also be a Kinder Trespass display area, and sales of cards, prints, posters and walks booklets, together with all day refreshments – and admission is free.

Handmade Hayfield are holding the latest of their monthly pop-up craft sales, from 10am to 3pm in St Matthews Hall, adjoining the church in the village centre. There will also be optional workshops, demonstrations of craft skills, and refreshments.
    So if any or all of these appeal, Saturday 5th April is a good day to visit the “Gateway to Kinder”, one of the Peak District’s most characterful villages.

So it sounds like it might be worth a trip down there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    I've no idea about the route (but Lantern Pike would seem a good bet), however there are other things going off around the village during the day. Here is the press release:-

PRESS RELEASE
    Eventful day in Hayfield: Saturday 5th April

Three community groups in Hayfield have independently organised visitor entertainment events for Saturday 5th April.

In the morning, Hayfield Primary School are hosting a “Chicken Run” fell racing program. There are races for all ages; 5K & 9.5K for adults, registration from 9.30am, races from 10am, adults 11am. There will also be prizes, cakes, Easter egg hunts and a clothing sale.

The Kinder Visitor Centre Group are holding their first pop-up Art sales and Exhibition in the Village Hall, featuring paintings of Kinder and the Hayfield landscape, by six different local artists. This goes on from 10am to 4pm. There will also be a Kinder Trespass display area, and sales of cards, prints, posters and walks booklets, together with all day refreshments – and admission is free.

Handmade Hayfield are holding the latest of their monthly pop-up craft sales, from 10am to 3pm in St Matthews Hall, adjoining the church in the village centre. There will also be optional workshops, demonstrations of craft skills, and refreshments.
    So if any or all of these appeal, Saturday 5th April is a good day to visit the “Gateway to Kinder”, one of the Peak District’s most characterful villages.

So it sounds like it might be worth a trip down there.
    Sounds good - Cheers Geoff
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Here's the map

Chicken Run.jpg

Great run today at Chicken Run. The Kinder foothills never fail to challenge. Thanks to the organisers, marshals and cake-bakers. Photos are limited this time due few walking breaks.

Great route! and thanks for the photos Nick, any idea who has the results for this?

It's been some time, but i need to get back to adding to my blog! http://alwayssearchingfor.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJGriff View Post
    Great route! and thanks for the photos Nick, any idea who has the results for this?

It's been some time, but i need to get back to adding to my blog! http://alwayssearchingfor.blogspot.co.uk/
    RO has said she will be posting results once she's figured out how later today
    Surely this is the last hill, right...

It was a much bigger turn-out in this second running in the most glorious weather and conditions. While we wait for the results to appear (mine was a PB by over 4 minutes), here are a few photos to be going on with.