Page 46 of 315 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: edale skyline

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Check it out, Well done Dave

Sky line movie
    Nice one. Great action shot of the old man pinning his number on. He was going Ok up until then. Things deteriorated when he had to go outside and start running, but we're working on that aspect of the sport.

Woof!
    But I would not be convicted by a jury of my peers.

If you go to their myspace slot http://www.myspace.com/peatbogfaeries you can download the Folk Police track along with several others. Albums still well worth buying - especially Croftwork. But I recommend you try to see them live.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    Aaah! that may be true, and although I haven't the foggiest who you are...

(but if you tell me, I'll buy you a pint!)

...at least I aint so sad as to have made 120+ postings on the forum (!)

And Swoop? If there was an award for looking most like one's aviator, then you would win hands down...
    I don't think Socks drinks pints unless it's water, if available, after a British Champs race. Unless Socks managed to get to the Leeds Beer Festival after all.
    Are those a pair of the girls' socks by the way?

From the Kinder Mountain Rescue Diary:

Sunday 18th March 2007 - Callout

I was not involved in this callout, so here is an account by Janet of what happened:
    It was lunchtime and Mother's Day and I was basking in the glories that are motherhood and grand-motherhood when the phone went. It was Geoff to say that he needed 2 drivers to go to Edale Cross and rendezvous with Edale MRT as he and Chrissie were out shopping in Stockport!.
    Apparently they were monitoring the Edale Skyline Fell Run and had 3 fell runners who were suffering from mild hypothermia and needed taking off the hills. As both Nigel and I are 'drivers' we asked our daughter, son-in-law and grand daughter if they minded if we disappeared.........and got changed and left. Our grand daughter wanted to come and 'help save people' but at 2 years old she is a little young just yet!
    We picked up both Land Rovers from their usual parking place in the village and proceeded up the Edale Cross track. Every time I drive up there it gets worse and today was no exception, and by the time we had arrived at the top of Jacob's Ladder where the casualties were my knuckles were well and truly white!! Once we had arrived it became clear that the casualties now numbered 6 and that a couple were worse than the rest. I took three wrapped in cas bags down to our HQ and Nigel followed on behind with the other three and Edale's doctor.
    Once down at the hut we were met by Geoff and Chrissie, cups of tea, lots of sympathy and (more importantly to the runners) dry clothing. As soon as the doctor was satisfied that none of the runners needed hospital treatment Chrissie and Nigel ferried them all back to Edale. (I was let off as it WAS still Mother's Day).

On the way back from Edale on the Rushup Edge road and with the weather having worsened somewhat Nigel came across an accident that had just happened. A pickup with 2 passengers had rolled several times and landed in a ditch. The police were called and because of the blue lights on our vehicles Nigel was asked to stay until they arrived. He gave 1st Aid and a warm Land Rover interior to the 2 men until relieved.

the older I get, the better I was

Edale Skyline 30th March 2008

Yes you've seen the video, you read the reports and you heard the gossip. You might if you were one of the lucky ones have got the t shirt.

The Skyline returns this year on March 30th and you can get your entries in now. We can't promise it will be full by Friday evening but we can promise you a memorable day( just ask any one whose taken part recently)

Entries now being taken here

Good luck every one

Re: Edale Skyline 30th March 2

At the moment, I think it might spoil the very special (!!!!!!) memory I have of that race if I do it again so soon. Or perhaps if I do it again ever!!! I certainly said "never again" after last year, but gosh there's time to change my mind yet....

Just entered.

I'm going for it - hopefully it'll provide me with a sort of excuse, should I run the 3 peaks badly 4 weeks later!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Just entered.
    The first of many!