Page 102 of 315 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline 29th March 2

Fantastic day out and a very big thank you to all in involved. I treated this as a long training run because I knew that I was not ready to race it; so I took it very easy to Mam Nick and then upped the effort a little but kept it very steady. Didn't look at my watch after the cut off so was very chuffed with 4.13 at the finish (thought I was going to be much closer to 4.30); that's a whole 4 mins up on last year! Best of all I felt tired but fine at the end (unlike previous years when I've been absolutely done in); even the 5 hour + drive home didn't hurt too much. Congratulations to all the finishers, especially my fellow Brightonian.

Cheers - Raymond

p.s. Emmilou were you number 115 with the hand written number?

p.p.s. I forgot to say I discovered that whatever ability I had for running down hill has vanished; now where did I put it?

Quote Originally Posted by marty mcfly View Post
    Great day out!

(including a place to a guy who cut all the zig zags below Ringing Roger - not happy about that)
    Was the offender wearing an orange cap and had his arse hanging out of a rip in his tights?

He'd already passed me just as we reached RR checkpoint but I saw him cutting the zig zags from above. I think someone shouted as he undertook them, but that cut no ice with him. He seemed to know all the DPFRs, not sure if he was a brownshirt himself. No excuses for it. Tosser.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Hickman View Post
    Fantastic day out and a very big thank you to all in involved. I treated this as a long training run because I knew that I was not ready to race it; so I took it very easy to Mam Nick and then upped the effort a little but kept it very steady. Didn't look at my watch after the cut off so was very chuffed with 4.13 at the finish (thought I was going to be much closer to 4.30); that's a whole 4 mins up on last year! Best of all I felt tired but fine at the end (unlike previous years when I've been absolutely done in); even the 5 hour + drive home didn't hurt too much. Congratulations to all the finishers, especially my fellow Brightonian.

Cheers - Raymond

p.s. Emmilou were you number 115 with the hand written number?

p.p.s. I forgot to say I discovered that whatever ability I had for running down hill has vanished; now where did I put it?

yep, that was me! even though about 4th to register my number has vanished so they had to make me one!! I'm assuming you flew past me at some point or are you the guy that commented about the view?!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleplodder View Post
    Was the offender wearing an orange cap and had his arse hanging out of a rip in his tights?

He'd already passed me just as we reached RR checkpoint but I saw him cutting the zig zags from above. I think someone shouted as he undertook them, but that cut no ice with him. He seemed to know all the DPFRs, not sure if he was a brownshirt himself. No excuses for it. Tosser.

No - this one was from Totley and didn't have a hat on.

Hi

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean?

Stef

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    yep, that was me! even though about 4th to register my number has vanished so they had to make me one!! I'm assuming you flew past me at some point or are you the guy that commented about the view?!
    I was just behind you at registration and a bit in front at the end; I didn't fly past anybody, chugged maybe. I had my black and orange MK vest on; one of the many 40 something, greying, balding short haired blokes to be seen huffing and puffing their way round yesterday.

Cheers - Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    Hi

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean?

Stef
    The route description and pre race briefing from the organiser were at pains to explain that runners must keep to the paved zigs and zags coming off Ringing Roger.

I am sure it will have been a stipulation of the National Park in their granting permission to hold the race.

Straight lining the zig zags to gain some time and take some places at the end of the race would not be looked at kindly by the National Park or by other competitors who were dillegently sticking to the path. Very tempting to do when the competitive red mist is down, but rather ignorant and selfish.

The route description and pre race briefing from the organiser were at pains to explain that runners must keep to the paved zigs and zags coming off Ringing Roger.

I am sure it will have been a stipulation of the National Park in their granting permission to hold the race.

Straight lining the zig zags to gain some time and take some places at the end of the race would not be looked at kindly by the National Park or by other competitors who were dillegently sticking to the path. Very tempting to do when the competitive red mist is down, but rather ignorant and selfish.
    Unless of course they didn't hear matey at the start reminding everyone about it. I was in the far left side of the line up at the start line and barely heard a thing. Also I don't think there were any markers either were there (too remind the ignorant or hard of hearing )?

I'd just like to say I really enjoyed the race. I was hoping just to get round because I had two months off with injury Dec - Jan and I'm only just getting back to fitness. When I entered the Skyline I set myself a tough target to train for. On the day it went like a dream and I got round much faster than I could have hoped. I feel really pumped up with my result and the whole race experience.

The variation in running was great, from smooth grass to flagstones to tussocky bog to boulders and peat hags and I loved it all. The views were great and the weather topped it all off. The course was superbly marshalled and the whole race organisation was perfect for this kind of race.

DPFR thanks for making my running year so far

Geoff B was that you I met at Jacob's ladder and followed on your sneaky shortcut? Certainly got us on the back of the bunch in front quicker than going round the path. Thanks for that. I was the Tring runner in blue vest / white bands, black shorts with vertical white stripes.
    Still "Afloat in the stone heavings of emptiness"

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Unless of course they didn't hear matey at the start reminding everyone about it. I was in the far left side of the line up at the start line and barely heard a thing. Also I don't think there were any markers either were there (too remind the ignorant or hard of hearing )?
    That's one place they should have a marshall!