Page 198 of 315 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline 2012

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Yes and I've already volunteered to marshal it....
    BOOM! if this is true this race would just become that much better. Nothing like a killer climb at the end of a long race!

Re: Edale Skyline 2012

[QUOTE=IanDarkpeak;461619]
    Quote Originally Posted by GlenBorrell View Post

The direct is definitely the route for you Glen, Check it out in the circle race coming soon which we do the direct in reverse.

Re the cramps, I'll be focusing my attention on training for that problem...!
    Yeah i've reccyed it plenty! did last year. Did timed runs and everything! Just chickened out last year. forms one of my runs. do the down up and reverse it! this year more climbing training and i'll be doing it.

Re: Edale skyline route and ma

[QUOTE=IanFitz;459692]

it a minor change, we'll not be cutting down the field after lose hill, instead stay on the path to back tor.

Apologies to everyone for appearing thick but just so I can picture this in my little steam-powered brain - I take it from the top of Lose Hill you continue on along the path along the route of the Castleton race until you reach Mam Tor.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 21-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    it a minor change, we'll not be cutting down the field after lose hill, instead stay on the path to back tor.
    Apologies to everyone for appearing thick but just so I can picture this in my little steam-powered brain - I take it from the top of Lose Hill you continue on along the path along the route of the Castleton race until you reach Mam Tor.
    You'll need IanF for an exact confirmation but from what I understand it's just the field that's out of bounds so from Lose Hill follow ridge over Back Tor to SK 145 849 from there you can continue along ridge or along Barker Bank to Hollins Cross and then on to Mam Tor.
    Hope this helps

Thanks Ian it does.

Even though I am now local I am hopeless at knowing all these areas by local names, but have run over them quite a lot so know my way over the ground and in my head (if that makes sense).

Just didn't want to go anywhere that could cause problems for others later on if the route has had to be changed for a reason.

Does anyone have any info, or an idea as to how may runners do down and up vs going round at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    Does anyone have any info, or an idea as to how may runners do down and up vs going round at the end?
    The 2 times I marshalled Grindslow I'd say it was between 10-20 runners mainly from the top 50-70 places, Very few of the tail end try this, it's a route for the strong.

Looks like i'm in the hands of the Peak Authority as you would have only got my entry this morning. Never mind, eh, plenty more fish in't sea a blah blah blah.

And I was so looking forward to entering the 'near room' for a second time. Have a good race, all those who are in.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdee View Post
    Looks like i'm in the hands of the Peak Authority as you would have only got my entry this morning. Never mind, eh, plenty more fish in't sea a blah blah blah.

And I was so looking forward to entering the 'near room' for a second time. Have a good race, all those who are in.
    I reckon you will get in as we have substitutions and a waiting list. fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I reckon you will get in as we have substitutions and a waiting list. fingers crossed
    There's hope yet then - my fingers are crossed as my application would have arrived towards the end of last week. We shall see.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.