Page 255 of 315 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Take it off the Championship List? Oh god they've started already, someone fetch the shotgun, the idiots are loose again!! Based on your logic the Great Lakes wasn't representative of a true championship race either because clearly most of the top runners can't navigate particularly well, and some people happen to be stronger swimmers than others too!! I didn't see it affecting the final standings though.

I expect to have a damn good crack at scoring points again on Sunday, but if I can't make it I really wouldn't expect them to start adding other races in at this stage. Just take your medicine and crack on, there's always Wasdale to get your AL in but I guess we'd better pray there isn't a fine blanket of drizzle or a few extra wisps of cloud in the air first.

As an aside to the organisers, the communication to competitors this week has been outstanding and extremely helpful in ensuring we have no excuse for not making a sound judgement on kit/ability etc. Many Thanks for your hard work on our behalf, top job indeed!

Why don't we calm down and let the RO make his decision about his race and then the FRA committee if they need to get involved about it being a championship decider. It's only Friday and as it's a Sunday race things have got time to improve. Go get a brew or a beer and take it easy.

In '98 we ran the High Peak Marathon in these conditions....

And...there's lots of cut off places on this route if runners feel its too much...as for it no being a champs race...if its on it a champs race surely....

Finely, Ian Fitz you re doing a damn good job...ignore the forum and make your own call based on discussion with club elders and MRT !

Quote Originally Posted by Crows den View Post
    And...there's lots of cut off places on this route if runners feel its too much...as for it no being a champs race...if its on it a champs race surely....
    It's the thing about people getting there that is the issue with it being a champs race. Fine if you live locally but if you've got to travel a fair way then perhaps it will be unfair. We'll have to wait and see. Time will tell. Time for a Friday night beer and watch the weather from inside a nice warm house I think!!!!

i think that anybody who completes this race on sunday should get double championship points regardless of who makes it or doesnt make it.

Sunshine is now the forecast for the day

You don't need to drive right up to the front door of Edale Village Hall... why not park the car at one of the dozens of train stations en route and do the last leg via train?

At the very worst, Manchester & Sheffield will still be accessible via car.

Good luck to any marshalls intending to be out on the hill!