Page 257 of 315 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Do you actually understand fell running at all? 90% of the competitors would be running in the hills anyway whether or not a race was on. And in the right clothing the conditions in the hills will be far from life threatening - Edale is a bowl and its not beyond the wit of man to drop off the ridgeline if you're struggling.

Stolly, 'forum moron'
    Well said totally agree I will be doing 22 miles in the hills racing or training no different from what I have been running in all through the winter

Banned

I'm full supportive of the RO's decision and I feel that's how we all should be.
    No bickering and moaning.
    He will consult the relevant bodies and a sensible decision will be made.
    PLEASE SUPPORT HIM.

Today is not Sunday so bide your time.
    Last edited by Stagger; 22-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Common sense prevails: i.e. each individual competitor can make his/her own mind up if they deem it suitable conditions for them to run/race in! and present themselves accordingly at the start, or stay in bed.

A.N. Other Forum Moron

Quote Originally Posted by sweaty View Post
    Understand fell running!!!!!!!!
    I have been fell running for over 20 yrs and what i do understand is when common sense should prevail and runs should not be undertaken in hazardous conditions, and to pressure an organiser is unfair to him, other organisers have seen sense and thanks to them there is less risk of unnecassary accidents to all.
    Have a nice night
    Last edited by Hanneke; 22-03-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Understand fell running!!!!!!!!
    I have been fell running for over 20 yrs and what i do understand is when common sense should prevail and runs should not be undertaken in hazardous conditions, and to pressure an organiser is unfair to him, other organisers have seen sense and thanks to them there is less risk of unnecassary accidents to all.
    Have a nice night
    This is the time of night when the forum get's interesting.

I'm slightly upset that tomorrow's Aran Race n North Wales has been called off having been in first V60 place coming up to the final race in the series and I've been really geared up for it a few days - however it goes up to 3000 feet on unmarked rocky, icy trails, the marshals at the top would be in a diabolical position - it's basically a low key race organised by some wonderful people n a village that's snowbound right now, no brainer - I totally repect their decision to call it off.
    The Excalibur race on the Clwydians had an entry of around 200 hundred (lots of charity-ish funn-ish entrants, 26 miles starting at 8.30 tomorrow morning), my daughter is immensely frustrated because she'd brought a squad of soldiers over from Germany to do it - but it's just not do-able given the blizzard that we've had today.
    In contrast the Edale Skyline is organised by probably the best running/racing machine on the planet, I did it 18 years ago and I looked at this year entry list - nearly all members of regular fell running clubs and quite a number who I recognised from all those years ago - I wish I'd got an entry again!

Firstly let me take my hat off to Ian for his effort in trying to keep the race/walk on but not to his common sense on this occasion, it seems that he is pressured by the........ "forum morons" to get the race/walk started because it suits them!
    Firstly it will not be a race as it should as the front crowd will have to plough through the drifts creating routes for the following runners like myself to ease our way through without expending as much energy thus at the end places/ rankings will not be a true result of a true champs race.
    Secondly in todays world of blame culture who really would want to put themselves out as a target to any injured competitor or if the worse came to it any dead competitors family wanting to know why in such attrocious coinditions was their loved one running/walking in an "organised" event.
    And last of all as a member of the emergency services myself and a member of a mountain rescue team the last thing we want on an allready manic weekend for us is an "organised" event going ahead that is encouraging people to put themselves into conditions that are nothing short of " life threatening " and stretching rescources from what could be more needy accidents.
    Lets show some common sense on the matter like other race organisers this weekend and cancel the race for safetys sake is it really worth possible lives and emergency services lives just to have a run !
    I certainly wont be running/walking this event there are plenty more to do later in the year.
    Thanks again to Ian for his effort but lets show some thought for the people that will have to risk themselves to help YOU
    Really?

I'm at a loss to understand whether "the pressure" is to hold it or to cancel it??? If it's on I hope to get over there with a camera.

Firstly let me take my hat off to Ian for his effort in trying to keep the race/walk on but not to his common sense on this occasion, it seems that he is pressured by the........ "forum morons" to get the race/walk started because it suits them!
    Firstly it will not be a race as it should as the front crowd will have to plough through the drifts creating routes for the following runners like myself to ease our way through without expending as much energy thus at the end places/ rankings will not be a true result of a true champs race.
    Secondly in todays world of blame culture who really would want to put themselves out as a target to any injured competitor or if the worse came to it any dead competitors family wanting to know why in such attrocious coinditions was their loved one running/walking in an "organised" event.
    And last of all as a member of the emergency services myself and a member of a mountain rescue team the last thing we want on an allready manic weekend for us is an "organised" event going ahead that is encouraging people to put themselves into conditions that are nothing short of " life threatening " and stretching rescources from what could be more needy accidents.
    Lets show some common sense on the matter like other race organisers this weekend and cancel the race for safetys sake is it really worth possible lives and emergency services lives just to have a run !
    I certainly wont be running/walking this event there are plenty more to do later in the year.
    Thanks again to Ian for his effort but lets show some thought for the people that will have to risk themselves to help YOU
    Heather Marshall (DPFR) reckons it's going to be an easy day out and the conditions will make it a proper fell race. If you emergency services types don't fancy it best stay at home!

NO I DID NOT SAY THAT JULES AND GOGS xx

I live in Sheffield & yes it snowing, I also run with Dark Peak. I was in the pub with the RO on Wednesday night and he spent the whole night going through the nitty gritty of the amount of bread rolls & bowls needed, He's doing a great job & now the weather is give him a nightmare. I feel very sorry for the people having to travel long distances to get there, but at the end of the day its your choice if you go or not. I'm going if I can get there & really looking forward to the race. I ran Winter Hill last year & went back for more this year in shorts, it was a fantastic event in brutal conditions in a area I'd never been before. You know your own limits, its your choice. See you all on Sunday with a smile on your face.
    Never under estimate the power of the darkside of the fells.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    This is the time of night when the forum get's interesting.

!
    It's only worth tuning in after the pubs have chucked out.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".