Page 264 of 315 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Winn View Post
    [/HTML]

Grump. nail on the head. Ian respect!
    Do we know if grump organises a race?

I remember the great Breezey telling me I was wrong because the person I was arguing with was an international runner, who had won races, therefore I was wrong.. I pointed out I'd ran internationally and won races... so now its you must organise a race to hold a view.. winter paddy buckley's.. ML's... Winning races' international runner.. all irrelevant unless we now organise a race.. then what will it be.. must have served on the FRA committee.. then what... goal posts..

I'm going to organise one on the sand dunes at Warnemunde just so I can have a say on the forum.. :-)

Honestly if the grump is so sure on their view.. use a name like the rest of us do.. the mans a coward.. pure and simple.. what does he bring to the forum but slights at people? when was his last positive post? Age... too often brings bitterness.. when did he last help out other runners, we all put back into the sport helping out advice, support on rounds.. what does he do exactly? f all..

I found out a while ago that it is a bad idea to talk about something important to you or take anything too seriously on an internet forum.
    Bleeding heart, pinko, liberal. (no safety pins)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter View Post
    I found out a while ago that it is a bad idea to talk about something important to you or take anything too seriously on an internet forum.
    Seconded, wholeheartedly.

I also agree with you Iain () but I'm surprised it got to you, must have caught you off guard this morning!

Anonymous characters/concepts such as the Grump are ill-conceived; they're meant to be funny, inject a light hearted note to the forum. Unfortunately they usually come across as abusive, self important and attention seeking.

They're also, as Iain pointed out, extremely cowardly; akin to the kind of moron that screams abuse at you out of the window of a twin pipe Corsa as they go past.

There's no real solution to this, other than to ignore them. I'd suggest that you just pretend that their posts don't exist and I'll endeavour to do the same. Until the moderators finally get the courage to disallow anonymous users that's all we can really do. I'm not against nicknames, some make me laugh even before I've read the post, but I feel strongly that such people should clearly identify themselves in their footnote/signature section.

It didn't.. I just think the Grump should be called out for what he is.. Its an anonymous alias created purely to abuse people.. I'm actually a bit surprised its allowed to happen but hey ho.. I guess when you can't run you get bitter.. just off for a run up the highest peak in the Czech republic.. stunning day.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    ..... but I feel strongly that such people should clearly identify themselves in their footnote/signature section.
    And you are?
    Even I don't know who The Grump is.
    I. Bickerstaff

Feels colder out there today than yesterday. With the frozen ground and wind chill factor it must be bitter over in Edale.
    No country for old men.

Still very chilly on this thread. Come on chaps, get a grip. This is a hobby we're talking about.

Leah Horner
    Ripon Runners
    ..and that's me in the picture...There you go, fully identified.

Yeah absolutley biting out there today, that wind chill went right through me, need to man-up a bit methinks, (or go out running in apropiate gear might help)

Yes it was nippier today compared to yesterday - even in an urban setting such as the local playing fields. Thats me btw on me avatar not using my stage name........
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

Nipped out onto my local Clwydians today which are of comparable altitude to the skyline route (a touch lower). I was in waist deep drifts at 900' and at 1200' I had to turn back as it was impassible.

I was thinking of the skyline of 2007 and that evil wind as I ran and how borderline that was. Today was another league again - astounding for march and I've never seen that much snow on my local hills at any time of year. A day for winter mountaineering perhaps, but not running