Page 301 of 315 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Ok cheers Nic, is likely to be a solo effort - may do some variation of Downfall instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    I presume you'll be doing both, Nic?
    I intend my legs to be in absolute bits on the Sunday. I have the distraction of the qualifiers of the national club orienteering competition to not make me put in a foolish entry!

A shame but I'll just have to win it again so I can have another pop at defending the title

For a bit in my calendar I had Black Combe as the week after Skyline - I wonder if similar is reason for the clash when the race was moved from the normal last weekend of March due to Easter.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Weather conditions for the Skyline are looking good BUT there is still plenty of SNOW around and it is still winter.
    Just a reminder that the required kit list goes beyond the standard FRA kit minimum list for an AL race and is as follows:
    •Waterproof cagoule with taped seams and integral hood
    •Waterproof over-trousers with taped seams
    •Approapriate fell shoes and socks
    •Hat (we'll accept a Buff, but would prefer you carried something warmer)
    •Warm Gloves
    •Map appropriate for navigating round the course
    •Whistle
    •Compass
    •Food (400 kcal minimum) = at least 2 mars bars, preferable more!
    •Leggings (at least ¾ length)
    •Two long sleeved tops

Fail to bring the kit you signed up to on entering and you will have to watch!

At the organiser's discretion this list may be relaxed on the day, but all competitors should be prepared to carry or wear all items listed above. We will have no hesitation in barring you from competing if you turn up without the stipulated kit. There will be kit checks for all runners at registration. There may also be random kit checks at the start and finish.

In addition, for the safety of you and fellow competitors, we recommend that you also consider carrying the following:
    •Mobile phone
    •Bivy bag

Sorry if you think this all sounds rather draconian, but it is done with your best interests at heart.

Good luck and have a safe race.

Dark peaks finest will have been at Blackcombe so may be some of Ba Ba's mates might have a chance..

Most of us are at BC as well. Looks like Jasmin in the ladies, Simon Harding/Jim Mann in the Men's? Jack Wood could double with BC though - unless he pops like last year when the explosion could be heard in the Dales!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Anyone at the "social" end of the pack running on Sunday ? Can't believe i've not done the skyline since 2007.......
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Anyone at the "social" end of the pack running on Sunday ? Can't believe i've not done the skyline since 2007.......
    I will be very social as I'm sweeping the first half. If it nice I may even race to the finish from there.

Not sure if I'll be running or not - tweaked my knee on Monday. If I'm running, does anyone know if the instructions to keep to the edge path along Kinder rules out taking the direct down & up line from grindsbrook to ringing Roger?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The Met Office would like to apologise for the complete absence of any rain, sleet, snow, hail or strong winds at tomorrow's Edale Skyline Race: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...ime=1457827200 . It is hoped that normal weather conditions will be resumed for next year's race.

The rest of my club are chasing glory at Black Combe today and giving Edale a miss, so there's plenty of space in my car. Anyone need a lift from Leeds?