Page 306 of 315 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Never done this, but am strangely tempted? Good to make a change, and who know - it might be fun. What are the nav challenging bits please? I may be able to do a bit of a recce 4/5th March,as I'm in the paradise that is Buxton then; if anyone fancies acting as a guide dog, but then I might do Cloud 9 for a laugh

In The Rambler after a recce of the second half.
    It's further down Rushup Edge than you think to the junction with Chapel Gate(1.75 miles from Mam Nick), but after that it's not exactly challenging navigation now is it?
    Never found Brown Knoll trig so easily - and with dry feet!
    Got the kahtoolas on by the Wool Packs and speed and confidence increased.
    Sun's almost out now but at 10:30 it was -1C in the car park, and there was light snow showers all the way round, but more than a light dusting on most of the paths making it tricky to see what you were putting your feet on. More snow forecast tmrw.
    On on!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Never done this, but am strangely tempted? Good to make a change, and who know - it might be fun. What are the nav challenging bits please? I may be able to do a bit of a recce 4/5th March,as I'm in the paradise that is Buxton then; if anyone fancies acting as a guide dog, but then I might do Cloud 9 for a laugh
    Possibly, give me a shout nearer the day, we used to do a forum reccie

Done a recce from Edale to Mam Nick today where I sacked it off with the weather conditions getting worse and headed back to Edale down the trod of shame!!! Got to Mam Nick in 2-55 so it will be quite tight for me with the 3hr cut off on the day!!

You'll have others to pull you around wazzy, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzy View Post
    Done a recce from Edale to Mam Nick today where I sacked it off with the weather conditions getting worse and headed back to Edale down the trod of shame!!! Got to Mam Nick in 2-55 so it will be quite tight for me with the 3hr cut off on the day!!
    Hi Wazzy, Was it you I was running with for a while today. agree it got quite bad. the new dip down before Win Hill was a tad muddy. a fine alternative to Brown Knoll

No it wasn't me you were talking to Ian as I know you. There were a number of runners out today considering the conditions. I agree with you regarding the path you drop down to before the climb up Win Hill, it is very muddy!!

Now that the route has changed does this mean that the winners this year will be the record holders?

you would hope they recognise records over the new route whilst maintaining the 'old course' records as a historical document.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by wazzy View Post
    No it wasn't me you were talking to Ian as I know you. There were a number of runners out today considering the conditions. I agree with you regarding the path you drop down to before the climb up Win Hill, it is very muddy!!
    Ha Ok, I was running with a mixed couple from Pennine, they did say there were some faster Pennine guys ahead?