Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noonstone fell race

Re: Noonstone fell race

Not about the route, no, just about my performance. I can differentiate between those, they are quite separate things, as you'll be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor View Post
    Not about the route, no, just about my performance. I can differentiate between those, they are quite separate things, as you'll be aware.
    We agree El, hon- I am very aware.

KK
    x

I think it is perfectly reasonable for KK to say they think it is a 'horrible little route'. I'd seen a photo of Noonstone (nice name too) that was drawing me away from my Feb favourite of High Cup Nick. So although it looks like the dilemma is resolved for 2012 I'd like to hear why it is especially horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter View Post
    I think it is perfectly reasonable for KK to say they think it is a 'horrible little route'. I'd seen a photo of Noonstone (nice name too) that was drawing me away from my Feb favourite of High Cup Nick. So although it looks like the dilemma is resolved for 2012 I'd like to hear why it is especially horrid.
    Do you know, you are the first person to actually ask WHY? The rest just bark!
    I am happy to justify my opinion. The start and finish of the race feature some nice steep climbs and very fast and slightly rough downhill running. The rest of the route is largely running over very mildly undulating peat troughs and bogs ....... no views, very wide open, exposed to the elements and close to a 'drain'. Very dull really.

KK
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Keswick_Krumble View Post
    KK is a most unpleasant dullard
    Best post i've ever read by you:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

Seriously though KK, what's your favourite race route and why?
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Keswick_Krumble View Post
    It was a horrible little route anyway- barring the opening mile and closing half mile.

KK
    x
    Got to agree KK. Its a few years since i did it but i remember thinking that it was a contrived route just to get enough climbing in to make it an AM. Never
    been tempted to return. Obviously popular with others though and always sad to see the demise of a popular race

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed the race but both times I did it, I felt chewed up and spat out by it. Finished near the back in 2010 and slightly further forward but still pretty near the back in 2011 (improved by approx 15secs!!). Personal view on the horridness is the long trek across the boggy peat in the 'private' area (think its nature reserve or similar and is not open to public). First time in 2010, last hill I was so knackered I sat down and just slid on my bum, I felt dead on my feet. I wanted to do the race again, if only to do it properly as both times I ran it, I lost, the hills and terrain won!!! That may explain the horridness. Plus both years it was cold and rained. Did enjoy it in a perverse way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Got to agree KK. Its a few years since i did it but i remember thinking that it was a contrived route just to get enough climbing in to make it an AM. Never
    been tempted to return. Obviously popular with others though and always sad to see the demise of a popular race
    It is sad to see the demise of a popular race indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    On behalf of the Current Chairman of Todmorden Harriers, Mandy Goth (as she is not a member of the FRA forum)

Please note that the initial post does not reflect the views of the Todmorden Harriers Committee (and is factually incorrect)
    wow its all going on in Todmorden harriers yet again, airing their dirty washing to everybody (again) is this a running club or Todmorden amateur dramatic society!!