Page 4 of 198 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Champs

Re: Forum Champs

Mark G - you are right, some LDWA events are less than forthcoming about official results, but some are, and if the winning time can be ascertained, points can be calculated... it's only a bit of fun on here anyway - are you signing up?

Stagger - 786/1600 does indeed equal 49... so you get 51 points!
    remarkable consistent with your Giant's Tooth score, which is still edging it for January...

Stolly: 76
    Hes: 64 (probably the Beacon Race, High Cup Nick?, Commondale Clart, Fellsman...will add more when I know what I'm up to)

Stagger: (JARRETT JAUNT, STUDMARKS, PIPE DREAM, CAUSEY PIKE)
    Giants tooth 52
    Lambs longer leg 51 wotking on:-me 2386 - winner 1600 = diff 786/1600 = 49, points=51

Rob Furness: (Rombalds Stride, Trollers Trot, Anni Waltz (or TWA), Coniston, Wharfedale Marathon, Borrowdale (or Sedbergh), Yorkshireman)
    Sam Harrison: (Edale Skyline, 3Ps)
    noel:
    superflyguy: (Rombalds, Trollers, Burnsall, all LCT-hopefully)
    DazTheSlug: (Pennine Bridleway Relay (Leg2), Cloud Nine, OCT, Ennerdale, Welsh 1000m)
    Eleanor: Kendal Winter League sadly doesn't seem to count; Blake's Heaven January; Reston Scar February; maybe Black Combe March; Causey Pike March; Loughrigg April; Three Peaks April
    IanDarkpeak:
    sore legs: (Box Hill, Fellsman, Welsh 1000m)
    mrs noel:
    L.F.F. : (Charnwood Hills, Loughrigg-Silverhowe, Loughrigg, 4 for LCT all being well!!)

I have re-ordered the list in order of current points standing

anybody else race over the weekend...?
    Last edited by DazTheSlug; 16-01-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Uh... Im confused by the whole thing (bascially because maths hurts my poor little brain).... but would like to sign up for a laff. I did the Trigger yesterday, does that count? or should I have been on here on friday declaring my intention to do it etc?

zephr - no that's fine, you can enter at any time - just tell us what the Trigger winner's time was, and what your time was, and we'll start you off on the list!

Daz, re the LDWA events, as Stolly also mentioned re Malhamdale Meander a few years ago there are occasions where there are very few runners - for example I did Burley Bridge Hike last July and, like Stolly at Malhamdale, finished 3rd only 7 mins behind the 'jt-winners' (JezH & Romulus) so does there need to be a minimum number of participants/runners in LDWA events?

Also (sorry for all these questions) as you know some LDWA events have more than one distance, does only the longest distance count? I'm thinking of entering the Osmotherley Phoenix, hoping to do the 33 but would consider 'only' the 26 if I don't feel fit enough for the former.

Anyway I'll join in the fun.

Multiterrainer: (Rombalds Stride, Blubberhouses Moor, Wharfedale Off-road 1/2 Mara, Osmotherley Phoenix)

Yes, I won the LDWA Pendle Witch Way (shorter route) last year!!!! - in FRA races I've only once made it into the top half of the field.

right, so, Trigger, winners time 3:13, my time 3:59.
    Do I have to work out how many seconds I was running for in order to work out my points?!

.....got cut short on my previous post, but meant to say I'd like to join too, even though I'll probably end up propping up the table! :closed:
    Only race so far this year has been Ovenden. Winner's time: 57:49, my time (Pauline Linton) 1:24:51. By my reckoning that gives me 53 points. Races to come: Wadsworth Trog, Lad's Leap......

re LDWA's - it is true that there are some events which draw less serious runners than others (especially the shorter variations), but rather than make a strict rule either way (i.e. rule all LDWA either in or out), how about if we leave it up to the individual - if you think the event had a somewhat "soft" winning time, maybe don't insist on taking points for it - but if you're proud of your performance and think you deserve the points, then take 'em!

zephr - minutes should be accurate enough for our purposes in such a long race: 46mins over winner's 193 = 24, so 76pts, puts you joint top with Stolly!

Latege - Welcome Aboard! text-book arithmetic puts you just above Stagger!

zephr: 76
    Hes: 64 (probably the Beacon Race, High Cup Nick?, Commondale Clart, Fellsman...will add more when I know what I'm up to)
    Latege: 53 (Wadsworth Trog, Lad's Leap)
    Stagger: 52 (JARRETT JAUNT, STUDMARKS, PIPE DREAM, CAUSEY PIKE)
    Rob Furness: (Rombalds Stride, Trollers Trot, Anni Waltz (or TWA), Coniston, Wharfedale Marathon, Borrowdale (or Sedbergh), Yorkshireman)
    noel:
    DazTheSlug: (Pennine Bridleway Relay (Leg2), Cloud Nine, OCT, Ennerdale, Welsh 1000m)
    Eleanor: Kendal Winter League sadly doesn't seem to count; Blake's Heaven January; Reston Scar February; maybe Black Combe March; Causey Pike March; Loughrigg April; Three Peaks April
    IanDarkpeak:
    sore legs: (Box Hill, Fellsman, Welsh 1000m)
    mrs noel:
    L.F.F. : (Charnwood Hills, Loughrigg-Silverhowe, Loughrigg, 4 for LCT all being well!!)
    Multiterrainer: (Rombalds Stride, Blubberhouses Moor, Wharfedale Off-road 1/2 Mara, Osmotherley Phoenix)

I think my maths are correct - please feel free to correct me over the Box Hill result though
    3736-2983=753 /2983= 0.252 Points = 75 Correct ??

zephr: 76
    sore legs: 75 (Box Hill, Wansworth Trog, Llanbedr to Blaenafon, Fellsman, Welsh 1000m)
    Latege: 53 (Wadsworth Trog, Lad's Leap)
    Stagger: 52 (JARRETT JAUNT, STUDMARKS, PIPE DREAM, CAUSEY PIKE)
    noel:
    IanDarkpeak:
    mrs noel:
    Last edited by sore legs; 23-01-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Ok, can I join? It might persuade me to run more races.

One race in January. Giants Tooth, winner 1038, me 1414. 36% more.
    Score of 64?