Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Just noticed Saddleworth Edges

The Marshall, though not deliberately, sent us up a different climb to the race map, so in future do I ignore anything a marshal says and just run best route? Sure some land owners may have a thing or 2 to say about that . And if the Marshall didn't send us on the wrong course why did he then start shouting us back?

It's just one of those things. Annoying, but ... Trained hard for a 10 miler once, on target for a PB and sent the wrong way. Another 10 miler, long course by quarter of a mile. Would have broken 65 mins at the ripe old age of 57. Do it again next year and enjoy. I'm sure you've calmed down a bit.

After reading over the comments from previous years, sounds like this is a good one. Looking forward to tomorrow now
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

How weird is this?

My time today, 1.07.34, is exactly the same as last years. What are the odds of doing this in a 8 mile fell race in claggy conditions?

Whilst driving home I kept thinking to myself, what are the chances of that, yes I really am that sad.....then the weirdness continued. I called off for some petrol and whilst stood in line awaiting to pay for the fuel the Scratch cards caught my eye. I found this weird because I don't do Scratch cards but this particular black and white card ( same colours of my Chorley vest ) was calling out to me....it's fate, I have to buy one.

Sat in the car with card in hand I felt confident this was my golden ticket, I even got my compass out of the kit bag to use for the scratching. Unbelievable, after checking the numbers 3 times I couldn't believe it.......a big fat NOWT.

Lessons learned today, Scratch cards are crap and fell running continues to be brilliant....even occasionally wierd.

Thanks to all involved for another cracking edges.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

That's impressive, Darren!

Great race, loved the route and the mist made it even more interesting. Thanks all!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    How weird is this?

My time today, 1.07.34, is exactly the same as last years. What are the odds of doing this in a 8 mile fell race in claggy conditions?

Whilst driving home I kept thinking to myself, what are the chances of that, yes I really am that sad.....then the weirdness continued. I called off for some petrol and whilst stood in line awaiting to pay for the fuel the Scratch cards caught my eye. I found this weird because I don't do Scratch cards but this particular black and white card ( same colours of my Chorley vest ) was calling out to me....it's fate, I have to buy one.

Sat in the car with card in hand I felt confident this was my golden ticket, I even got my compass out of the kit bag to use for the scratching. Unbelievable, after checking the numbers 3 times I couldn't believe it.......a big fat NOWT.

Lessons learned today, Scratch cards are crap and fell running continues to be brilliant....even occasionally wierd.

Thanks to all involved for another cracking edges.

Riveting stuff Darren. Did you happen to notice the winning time or were you too focused on planning your trip to Vegas?

Btw IMHO this is as safety conscious as races get and it is marshaled magnificently. Excellent race organisation.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Hi Graham, winning time by Brendon Taylor 1.01.27

Looks like Brendon has his dad's talent.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hi Graham, winning time by Brendon Taylor 1.01.27
    Darren

Thanks. I know you normally report winning times so I felt I should jog your memory now you are getting older.

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Only my 2nd race this year and it showed, minced downhill after Foxes cairn & was spent on the long drag back to the finish. Was disappointed to see a local climb the fence at the first stile rather than observe queue etiquette. Well organised & marshalled by Saddleworth.
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

Great route today, a good mixture of runnable climbs, fast rocky trails and the big descent was a dream! A rare Saturday off work well spent. After losing 3 stone this year this was my best performance of the year so far, 26th out of a field of around 100 in 1h20. A few months ago I was finishing in the bottom 10 of fell races so very happy with my run. Bring on the winter!