Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just noticed Saddleworth Edges

Re: Just noticed new Saddlewor

have a good race everyone im at hardrock challenge which is a fantastic alternative

Quote Originally Posted by okmum33 View Post
    does anybody have a postcode please
    Sure... OL3 7NH.

Further details here:

http://www.saddleworth-runners.co.uk...dleworth-edges

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    have a good race everyone im at hardrock challenge which is a fantastic alternative
    Is that the Dalbeattie Hardrock Challenge Vespa? If so I've done it a couple of times and you're right, it's great race, enjoy!

yes it is you,ve got to have nerves of steel when its wet

Really looking forward to this - tore my calf 3 weeks ago so this will be the first race (hobble) back. Weather is supposed to good on Saturday, not so great Friday. I run round the edges above the reservoirs fairly often and it shouldn't be bad underfoot, however the small section from chew valley reservoir to the top of charnel clough could be pretty wet.

Might have a stagger round tomorrow, depending on the leg, and I'll report back.

I'm looking forward to this one too on virtually home turf. Ready & raring to go - nothing but blue skies with a few bits of white cloud from my window. See you shortly folks.
    Last edited by Manhar; 06-10-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: The sun is shining

Thanks to the organisers and marshalls for an enjoyable and friendly race on a new route.

Just for information, I clocked it at just under 8 miles. Exact distance will obviously depend on route choice, but I can't imagine anyone did 9. Also, some people had trouble finding the route on the last flagged section, more specifically on the section after crossing the stream and coming up Rams clough. You could see the flag on the style going into the plantation but it wasn't obvious how to get there (which it presumably should be on a flagged section). An extra flag where the path up from the stream meets Oldham way (about grid ref. 019 025) would help. [Maybe I shouldn't be telling you that - I benefitted from other people's confusion:w00t: ]
    Thanks again, I had a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    Thanks to the organisers and marshalls for an enjoyable and friendly race on a new route.

Just for information, I clocked it at just under 8 miles. Exact distance will obviously depend on route choice, but I can't imagine anyone did 9. Also, some people had trouble finding the route on the last flagged section, more specifically on the section after crossing the stream and coming up Rams clough. You could see the flag on the style going into the plantation but it wasn't obvious how to get there (which it presumably should be on a flagged section). An extra flag where the path up from the stream meets Oldham way (about grid ref. 019 025) would help. [Maybe I shouldn't be telling you that - I benefitted from other people's confusion:w00t: ]
    Thanks again, I had a good day.
    Echo the above, interesting course with a bit of everything. Very enjoyable. I took the right path at the point you describe (it was a 50:50 guess and I guessed wrong) and ended up back at the stream crossing. Cost me about 8 or 9 minutes looking at the time of first lady. I mentioned it to Howard and its easy to fix next year with a flag visible from the stile.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

what a fab race, thoroughly enjoyed, didnt manage to get lost, which is always a bonus, fell quite a few times which isnt a bonus, too busy looking at the views..thanks to all the marshalls, st johns ambulance and mountain rescue, will definately do again

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the race. I loved it, despite perhaps one of the hardest starts I've ever had in a race... felt like I was going to throw up my lungs by the time we reached the first stile! Regular running territory for me that but not sure I've ever seen it so boggy on the top, especially going to / from Chew res. Great new route and Ray and team did a fab job with the organisation and I am sure for the next running of it the small issue of the flagging up from the stream will be sorted. Had a decent run myself and now can't wait to come back next year and try beat my marker!

Results: http://www.saddleworth-runners.co.uk...dleworth-edges
    Last edited by Starsky; 08-10-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Forgot to add results!