Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Was It You?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Can't have been me, according to the people i work with mine's hearing aid beige.
    Let's just say it's not the most pleasant of colour shades. I can vouch for the loud exhaust and over-the-limit speed on the way back from the Lakes

Super Moderator
    I was right. Thanks wharfee. Incidentally if you had a lift with him you're a brave man
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    ...if you had a lift with him you're a brave man
    I was in the vehicle behind Luke on the way back from Dunnerdale, he left me for dead!

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    I was in the vehicle behind Luke on the way back from Dunnerdale, he left me for dead!
    I've had a lift in that there Skoda! - I loved it, I felt like I was in an episode of 80's spy drama Smiley's People, Only I was travelling from Horsforth to Stair for the Causey Pike race. I loved all the cassettes that Mr Brightside let me play with in the front seat.

I dont remember being scared. But can't say I remember much of the race either......

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    I've had a lift in that there Skoda! - I loved it, I felt like I was in an episode of 80's spy drama Smiley's People, Only I was travelling from Horsforth to Stair for the Causey Pike race. I loved all the cassettes that Mr Brightside let me play with in the front seat.

I dont remember being scared. But can't say I remember much of the race either......
    That was my old Volvo 240GLT, i remember mike seemed to like it quite a lot, i liked it quite a lot too. I've never had a car that was as warm and dependable as that old tank. It was a great day out i remember it well, mike's house was well cool with the wattle and daub wall and the living room was full of shiny medals; it was like walking into the Hoard of Erebor. Cathy brought cake too, and mike made me tea. Hanging out with you and mike was like being in the inner circle of fellrunning royalty, i felt like a sooty chimney sweep who'd unexpectedly been invited to tea with the lord and lady of the manor.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Ah - yes - I've been thinking about this and I do remember it was a Volvo, but was it 'fawn' too?. and I remember now that there was a little traffic jam getting off the M6 at Penrith and I could at last open the window - was the heating stuck on??!!

and yes Stair House was amazing - I loved it! as did many fellrunners, we had lots of visitors and lots of parties over the years! and I've been doing some research - it's been bought and someone is doing it up and it will be for holiday lets next year!

https://www.facebook.com/StairHouse/timeline?ref=page_internal

it has its own face book page - I've forgotton my facebook password so I cant connect with them, but I have loads of photos of the garden that I managed to tame over the 4 years or so that Mike lived there that I want to send them- it's been empty for 3 years I reckon now and I don't think anyone was doing the garden so I imagine we're back to where we started with it!

I only logged in to see if the next magazine was out yet - but it's nice to catch up and remember the old place and good times ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    Ah - yes - I've been thinking about this and I do remember it was a Volvo, but was it 'fawn' too?. and I remember now that there was a little traffic jam getting off the M6 at Penrith and I could at last open the window - was the heating stuck on??!!

and yes Stair House was amazing - I loved it! as did many fellrunners, we had lots of visitors and lots of parties over the years! and I've been doing some research - it's been bought and someone is doing it up and it will be for holiday lets next year!

https://www.facebook.com/StairHouse/timeline?ref=page_internal

it has its own face book page - I've forgotton my facebook password so I cant connect with them, but I have loads of photos of the garden that I managed to tame over the 4 years or so that Mike lived there that I want to send them- it's been empty for 3 years I reckon now and I don't think anyone was doing the garden so I imagine we're back to where we started with it!

I only logged in to see if the next magazine was out yet - but it's nice to catch up and remember the old place and good times ;-)

Oh yes, the Volvo heating- on or off, nothing in between, red hot or ice cold. It was controlled thermostatically and the valve was bust. Are you and mike in London or something now? I think it's a shame when little gaffs like that end up as lets, i'd bet my bottom dollar i'll have liked it better when it was mike's. But...time marches on never ending, time keeps its own time...reminds me of a great deep house track...

Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Hi Daley xx

Luke. Brett said in the pub tonight that he will pay for the Mankinholes, Hobble whiskey next year.

Im just putting it here. For the record.

I did tell him we'd need two bottles of Talisker. 😀😀😀

Super Moderator
    ...and there was me planning on running the Hobble next year. Mind I did "lose" 93 runners without drinking anything last time I marshaled
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    ...and there was me planning on running the Hobble next year. Mind I did "lose" 93 runners without drinking anything last time I marshaled
    Your Wednesday night attendance of late does not allow you to comment. ( now where is that rolley eye smiley).