Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: God..... I need help!!!!!!

Re: God..... I need help!!!!!!

My wife bleeds me dry.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

You probably do have a virus with the symptoms you are describing and considering you have been feeling this way for some time, had similar symptons in the past when in hard training. If you are experiencing fever, severe fatigue, muscle pains, headache, tendency to sweat then I would suggest that you drink plenty of fluids, rest for a couple of weeks or even a month completely then resume training slowly and avoid drinking alcohol all together. You should be fine in 2-4 weeks if you take it easy.

I've had something similar to what you describe. I remember being completely wiped out at times but after a couple of weeks I found that cycling, being lower intensity, was possible without feeling like I was risking killing myself and then eventually my running strength returned. There really isn't a great deal you can do but bide your time and try not to get too fat!
    Leeds City AC: "Pure Sporting Delight"

Thanks for all the advice............ even if it's not what I wanted to hear! I found something else to do and took my boy to see the fantastic four although it should be called the ok not to bad four...... refering to seriously hard training fellmonster it's only hard if you don't enjoy it........ sadly I seem to enjoy it a lot!!!!!!!!

B more selective with ur races! U do hell of a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    i've decided to stop training until monday at least and see what the results bring! didn't train wed or yesterday and getting annoyed already
    stop training and race train, use the races as training you will recover much quicker and you will benefit from the social gathering after the race overwise take 2 full weeks off and fully recover..

P.S. i think you have over done it by not giving yourself enough time to recover from your illness.
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

The hardest part is mental, you have to accept you need to stop. And accept it my well be 4 - 6 weeks, at least.

Stop everything for a week (it ain't that long), then limit to walking if you feel like it, gentle biking, stretching. If your heart rate starts to increase or you sweat up, ease off.

You will get better.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    and avoid drinking alcohol all together. You should be fine in 2-4 weeks if you take it easy.
    Just stop training, I think stopping alcohol is just a little extreme.....especially if you are not training!!!!

Did you actually have an illness of sorts at the begining of all this? or has your fitness just slid away?
    Now I don't want to scare you but....
    I know that i'm nowhwere near your league BUT I found that my fitness got gradually worse since the beginning of the year - I even cut my distance and intensity but it all still got worse. Sadly I finally found out that I had a lump in my abdomen... I have had it removed and even though it's early days I feel loads better in myself (could be the codeine tho'). Just try asking for the relevant blood tests or checking for lumps/unexplained solid areas that can't be muscle. These lumps can steal a lot of nutrition from you.
    I really hope it's a virus though, even if it does take a few months to clear it's do able. Eucalyptus oil is meant to be anti viral too.

Well, went back to the Doctors and although I should be happy..... all the tests he sent off for show me in remarkable heath................. BUGGER!!!!!!
    Looks like i'll have to stop trying to run and race myself into the ground and be a bit more sensible if anybody has any good ideas for a training program (which doesn't involve guinness every night) feel free to educate me, as although i've been running for three years now, I obviously haven't a clue what i'm doing!!!!!! Even the doctor said i need help............ wasn't sure whether he meant the head or the legs or both!!!!!!!!

P.S back to the sofa