Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: God..... I need help!!!!!!

Re: God..... I need help!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you're struggling darren, you could try taking a month of active rest once or twice a year then gradually building back up to top fitness.
    Personally i do 30/40 mpw or 4/5 hours per week for four weeks, twice a year. still go 'training' twice most days just in short 3 mile jogs. Usually progress through 30,30,35,45 mpw with a couple of easy sessions like 6 x 400 at 3k pace with decent recovery just so the speed isn't alien when hard training restarts.
    when i build up again, i feel rubbish and unfit, but after a few weeks the benefit is really worthwhile, and training is easy to recover from.
    hope your rapid progress continues soon!

Just be sensible and listen to your body. Generally when you feel poor it is your body tellling you you've overdone it a touch particularly when you've been racing and training a lot. Its taken me 3 years worth of injury and illness to realise that you need to listen to your body. The injury at present is the one which has made me realise that. You can coach yourself easy enough. What you've been doing was working so no reason why it shouldn't continue to work well. Just pick your races a bit more and train to race rather than using your races as part of your training.

Well, after a month of easy running, trying not to lose to much fitness and trying not to do too much I went to the track session (Horwich) to see what would happen..... luckily it was an easier session 12 by 300metres which I did ok and recorded the second highest heart of the year!!!!! 183..... looks like the point about some rest days has been well and truly hammered home

When they did your blood tests, did they test ESR, this is a measure of how much your body is fighting against SOMETHING but they aren't sure what, if it is raised they will know to look a bit harder!
    Anyway, hope you get better soon, not exercising can be POO!
    Scaniagirl

The Doc didn't do ESR but did do serum c reactive protein which i believe is relative to ESR ( not an uncle or anything!!) what made me feel even more numb was the test results were better than the ones I had in 2000 and 2001 when I really did overtrain badly!! Then talking to the Doc about my lack of energy in the fairfield race and the eight races I did in the 20 days leading up to it!!! to which (with his infinite medical knowledge) he said........... are you bloody stupid!!!!!! .............he could have a point!