Thread: Utmb 2013

Utmb 2013

failed to get in this year. Sounds like 7 points are needed next year?

I did summer BG in 2010, but also did a winter BG in 2011. Does a winter BG count?

Winter BG's are not in the main list but are listed seperately - but only up to 2008 on the main BG web site - although Bob Wightmans site is nicely up to date.

Re: Utmb 2013

Can't think of any reason why not ,so yes is the answer to that one,( bearing in mind it is a club and like all clubs they are all capable of turning logic on its head from time to time)

Don't points for 2013 need to come from 2011 or 2012? If so its the summer round that you can't count.

You will need to discuss this problem with the UTMB organisers direct to start with.

The process of getting the BG registered as a qualifying event was not entirely straightforward, but was eventually successful.

The arrangement that exists provides for the supply of the relevant BG Club membership data from the years that fall within the UTMB qualifying period. That is what I managed to negotiate with them, in lieu of internet-based results, which is what they require from everyone else.

Winter rounds thus do get caught if they are first rounds which qualify someone for BG Club membership, as they flow naturally through the data I supply.

Second rounds haven't ever been discussed with the UTMB organisers (and are not reflected in the data I supply)/

You may be the first person who has either wanted or tried to use one as a qualifier.

Morgan
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

If they appeared on the official site at http://www.bobgrahamclub.org.uk/index.php?page=winter then they might consider it? - but this page is not up to date. Any ideas when it might be updated?

The list on the Club site will soon disappear and it will instead carry a link to Bob's list.

During a period when we are coping with hundreds of attempts each year, close to 100 completions, possible concerns about erosion on the route and far too regular media enquriies, keeping track of a separate list of what are mostly repeat (albeit winter) rounds when someone else is doing the same work isn't the best use of volunteer time.

I would imagine that what UTMB will want is some degree of verification, which I am sure we can discuss if they are happy with the principle of accepting data that comes via a route other than that which has thus far been agreed.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

So back in the days when you only needed 5 points to do the UTMB was it easier? I can't understand why they keep upping the points requirements. When I'm ready for a 100 I think I'll just do the GRP can't be arsed with waiting lists, the alps and points!

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    So back in the days when you only needed 5 points to do the UTMB was it easier? I can't understand why they keep upping the points requirements. When I'm ready for a 100 I think I'll just do the GRP can't be arsed with waiting lists, the alps and points!
    Just getting more popular... I do see what doing more races proves anyway.. if you can do the WHW in 17 hrs surely that's more verification you can cope than 2 x 33 hr completions...

I'm thinking of doing something like the BGR in August to get some points.. all mine have now run out.. but it depends on how the year pans out.