Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Bleasdale Circle

There's just so many things about this race that scream out "classic".

From the race route itself to the setting and it's surroundings. Although some say they only do it for the legendary soup

Thanks to Leigh & helpers for yet another classic. 4 years in a row for me, hopefully many more to come.
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Before I prattle on about the race I must mention the post race catering....it was first class.

Wynn’s soup, take your pick from either the mushroom or the leek and potato, both were amazing.....and the cakes, oh blimey don’t get me started on the cakes: chocolate cake, chocolate orange cake, lemon cake, Victoria sponge cake....crikey I’m salivating whilst typing out this culinary tribute to Wynn and the ladies in the kitchen....many thanks. .............

Before the off we’re asked to give a rousing applause to the recently passed Steve Cliff and I think we did Steve proud....a true fellrunning stalwart who’ll be missed by many.............

Well done Steve Snape on the win and congratulations to Sharon Taylor on the win and course record...................
    Yes, we have something of a 'catering goddess' in Wynn....... and so soon after losing her beloved Steve.

The marshals' chilli was amazing

Sharon's has got to be the stand out performance; to take a course record from Jackie Lee (that has stood for 12 years) is no mean feat; to do it in yesterday's underfoot conditions is just phenomenal.

Glad that you guys enjoyed it.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 18-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Are there any other instances of fells being named after the winner of a race over them, like Fair Snape Fell (I am presuming that Steven of that ilk is fair)?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Thanks Darren and Cal, it’s always a pleasure to welcome new and returning runners to the charms of this quiet little corner of Bowland, glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Darren I hope you kept smiling when you were being dive bombed, there was a cameraman up there piloting the hang glider. He was chatting with the marshals on Parlick, they exchanged emails and he will forward a link to the video. I’ll send you the link when we get it.

Cheers
    Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by lwarby View Post
    Thanks Darren and Cal, it’s always a pleasure to welcome new and returning runners to the charms of this quiet little corner of Bowland, glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Darren I hope you kept smiling when you were being dive bombed, there was a cameraman up there piloting the hang glider. He was chatting with the marshals on Parlick, they exchanged emails and he will forward a link to the video. I’ll send you the link when we get it.

Cheers
    Leigh
    Thanks Leigh

We've reached the entry limit this year, anyone still wanting to enter can contact me and be put on a waiting list, I will notify you if a place becomes available if an entered runner notifies me that they are dropping out. No entries on the day.

Leigh

Looking forward to it.

First race since Tockholes last year and will give me something to post about other than Brexit and Rules
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Promises to be a cracking day, course in great condition even the usual boggy fields have dried out.

Please do not turn up for entry on the day, the race is full and we have to adhere to the limit so as not to jeopardise the future of the race.

Thanks Bowland for a cracking race, my first since July. Great weather and some fantastic views in one of the nicest parts of the Pennines.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Thanks to Leigh and the team.

Not that I've been racing it for that many years (only 5 now) but the weather was brilliant compared to the "usual" Bleasdale Circle conditions.

Super run by Lindsey Brindle too.
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC