Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleasdale Circle

Thumbs down

No pie & peas this year, but our ladies will be selling tea / coffee & cakes - the money will go to Chipping First Responders who patched me up whilst waiting for an ambulance, after my head torch tumble 14 months ago.

Very disappointed no P & P !!!
    “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ……… it’s about learning how to dance in the rain!”

Finest cakes in the land though.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    As we are now into February, I'm just giving a "heads-up" for this little Lancashire event on the 22nd.
    After best part of 20 years as the RO, Les Orr has stood down and Leigh Warburton has taken over the reigns. Details are on the FRA website, races page.
    NB Pre-entry is £5. EOD is £10 - it does pay to book early.
    As usual, please car share where you can - we do charge £1 per car for parking, that goes to the school as we use the playground for parking.
    No pie & peas this year, but our ladies will be selling tea / coffee & cakes - the money will go to Chipping First Responders who patched me up whilst waiting for an ambulance, after my head torch tumble 14 months ago.

Ian Roberts, Bowland FR
    A bump for public info.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Still not reached entry limit, will take entries up until Friday 21st, may still be entries on the day.

Leigh Warburton

Taking entries on the day, may be best to contact organiser to ensure a place.

Proper little decent fell race this one...muddy fields then a gradual climb followed by a hands on knees lung burster. Cracking roller coaster ridge run, then balls out decent. If you've owt left the final flat section can gain you places....it didn't for me, I was knackered.

Lovely soup at the finish, thank you ladies. The cake and tea also went down a treat. Many thanks to Leigh and all his helpers.

Race won by Rob Hope (again) and second was a young guy called Ste Snape on his first fell race...one to look out for?
    Ladies winner was my clubmate Lynne Clough...beltin.

Highlight of the day for me was when the full village hall of 100+ runners all joined in to sing happy birthday to Yiannis, who is 70 tomorrow.

Cheers the mighty O's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Proper little decent fell race this one...muddy fields then a gradual climb followed by a hands on knees lung burster. Cracking roller coaster ridge run, then balls out decent. If you've owt left the final flat section can gain you places....it didn't for me, I was knackered.

Lovely soup at the finish, thank you ladies. The cake and tea also went down a treat. Many thanks to Leigh and all his helpers.

Race won by Rob Hope (again) and second was a young guy called Ste Snape on his first fell race...one to look out for?

Highlight of the day for me was when the full village hall of 100+ runners all joined in to sing happy birthday to Yiannis, who is 70 tomorrow.

Cheers the mighty O's.
    Agree - great race - classic short - I love the Fairsnape - Parlick section and the location is just brilliant. Shame I couldn't get there this year.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post

Cheers the mighty O's.
    Totally agree Darren, got to be one of the best races in our area.
    Steve Fish : Clayton Le Moors Harriers