Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Altra Lone Peak

Master
    Just bought some Lone Peak 3.0's. I was interested in them as I have been wearing the Vivobarefoot zero drop shoes for pottering about in, and the Inov8 3mm drop standard fit shoes - X-Talon 200's - seem to suit me.

The 3.0's are amazingly comfortable - lovely and wide in the forefoot, yet they grip the heel so your feet do not slide about inside the shoe. They do feel unusual at the back of the heel - it slopes away from you. Lots of cushioning. I have only run in them once so far - only 4 miles of intermittent running - and they felt good - I have been mainly walking in them to get used to them. They say the cushioning means they are not a true zero drop shoe, so it does not take as long to adjust to them as with some zero drop brands. We will see!

Master
    Really pleased with these - wearing them to potter about in and on 3 runs of about 4 miles - no calf or Achilles pain, and so comfortable. Will try a longer run in a week or so.

Master
    Calf Crag Horseshoe in these today from near the Traveller's Rest - so just over 7 miles and just under 2,000ft of up/down. No calf or Achilles problems so far, and in general they are very comfortable, particularly on descents. They don't like being on surfaces that angle to the side - being so wide they seem to rotate more on your feet than narrower shoes which is off-putting and rather uncomfortable; I don't know if they are actually any worse than normal shoes in this respect, and it may be that this is only an issue as they are normally so comfortable. No problems with grip, but of course it is amazingly dry at the moment.

Apologies if I've already said this before, but I've found them great on trails and mixed terrain (generally not fell unless bone dry). I ran the Ultimate Trails 110k in them and did not even get a hot spot let alone a blister or any strains or other injuries.

I'm sure they're not for everyone, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Calf Crag Horseshoe in these today from near the Traveller's Rest - so just over 7 miles and just under 2,000ft of up/down. No calf or Achilles problems so far, and in general they are very comfortable, particularly on descents. They don't like being on surfaces that angle to the side - being so wide they seem to rotate more on your feet than narrower shoes which is off-putting and rather uncomfortable; I don't know if they are actually any worse than normal shoes in this respect, and it may be that this is only an issue as they are normally so comfortable. No problems with grip, but of course it is amazingly dry at the moment.

Master
    Did the Coniston fell race descent off the Old Man in these today - excellent grip, though the grass is very dry at the moment. Calves/Achilles still intact.

Master
    Ran in these at Tebay - was on my bum several times on the short steep muddy wet descent into Carlinggill Beck - nearly took out the photographer - otherwise they were fine. Thinking of getting the model with the grippier sole and the velcro strap - King MT - anybody have these?
    Last edited by Mike T; 19-06-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Ran in these at Tebay - was on my bum several times on the short steep muddy wet descent into Carlinggill Beck - nearly took out the photographer - otherwise they were fine. Thinking of getting the model with the grippier sole and the velcro strap - King MT - anybody have these?
    the King MT look more like fell shoes whereas the Lone Peak are trail shoes aren't they.

I am tempted to wear the lone peak for the Lakeland 50.