Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Recce - 4th March

Re: Heptonstall Recce - 4th Ma

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Apart from Trig, Joey D, Stanners, Jedi, and Nipper do we know anyone else whose definitely running on Sunday?

Shall I ask mien host (Bazza) to russel up some of his extra spicey broth????
    Hey Trig, disaster has struck re the Heptonstall recce for me, I have found myself in the the Edale Skyline and Sunday is the best opportunity I have for a recce there so... I am sadly sending my apologies - I will come out to Heptonstall to do an unofficial recce in the week and pop in to say hi to Barry and scout around to see if any nice properties for sale. JD, see you on the day. Sarah
    a rush and a push and the land is ours

PeterB and I are having a final-pre-Hobble-preparation-jog around Heptonstall route on Sunday. Meeting at 0615 at the Blue Pig so as to get that steep bit done first. If anyone wants to join us you are welcome.
    C

Quote Originally Posted by charlieB View Post
    PeterB and I are having a final-pre-Hobble-preparation-jog around Heptonstall route on Sunday. Meeting at 0615 at the Blue Pig so as to get that steep bit done first. If anyone wants to join us you are welcome.
    C
    So no excuses for those needing to be back by 9.00am! Anyone who wants to run twice can now start at 6.15am with Charlie and Pete at Blue Pig, then meet Joey. Jedi, Trig etc at 9am at White Lion . Good luck to those out at 06.15 - I'll be in the 09.00am round....we'll look out for your stud marks.

We're hoping to get the PDF OS map of the route on www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk asap - for anyone off doing other recces or needing race-day map. In meantime there's a written route description on the route tab.

Quote Originally Posted by nippersmith View Post
    Hey Trig, disaster has struck re the Heptonstall recce for me, I have found myself in the the Edale Skyline and Sunday is the best opportunity I have for a recce there so... I am sadly sending my apologies - I will come out to Heptonstall to do an unofficial recce in the week and pop in to say hi to Barry and scout around to see if any nice properties for sale. JD, see you on the day. Sarah
    No worries Nipper - Edale sounds like a great day out. Whats all this about house hunting in Heptonstall? You and Joey are nt moving in together are you? This thread is an estate agent's dream

I'm afraid I'm doubtful for the 9am recce now. My brother and sister-in-law have just given birth to a new nephew and Sunday is the first opportunity to go and meet him in Bromsgrove. Sorry!

Hi Trig, Take it from recent posts that we are still ok for 9am on sunday. Looking forward to it.

Hi Trig, all being well I'll be there for a pelt around. Might try the fast group seeing as the Mag 7 hasn't totally destroyed my legs.

Trig, do you know who's turning out for tomorrow's final recce? Forecast looks like we could see snow on the tops – I'm strongly in favour of a serious training session at the bar post recce!
    If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Definitely on for tomorrow - no idea on numbers yet but there will be at least 5 or 6 of us meeting at 08.45 for a 09.00am start (Trig, Jedi, Roubaix, Stanners, and a few non-forumites) could be alot more based on previous 20-30 who turned out for last few recces.

Charlie B and Pete are still doing 06.15am from the Blue Pig (for fans of early starts)

me again...

Good news Pete F (web-miester) has uploaded a great pdf / OS map of the route - handy for tomorrow or if you're planning a solo recce.
    http://www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk/route Please ignore google map on web site currently showing an incorrect route/poor line over nav section Heptonstall Moor Hot Stones Hill to Standing Stone Hill - the OS map shows a much better line (although the trods are barely visable and need recce-ing)

BTW - as with last year the race day finish is in private fields only open to runners on the day.