Thread: Garmin FR610 strap pin

Garmin FR610 strap pin

Anybody else had problems with a strap pin on their FR610 slipping out whilst running?

Had it before in the last 6-9 months but only by a few mm, today on Fairfield was lucky not to loose the watch - the pin had come out nearly a cm without me noticing.

What's your solutions? Thinking something a bit more aesthetic than wrapping some Harry black maskers around it though... Guessing a dab of superglue or similar...

Ta.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davetrave View Post
    Anybody else had problems with a strap pin on their FR610 slipping out whilst running?

Had it before in the last 6-9 months but only by a few mm, today on Fairfield was lucky not to loose the watch - the pin had come out nearly a cm without me noticing.

What's your solutions? Thinking something a bit more aesthetic than wrapping some Harry black maskers around it though... Guessing a dab of superglue or similar...

Ta.
    Buy a new strap/pin on line. Do not mess with it - the relevant bit of the strap that the pin goes through is tiny - bad design - and before you know it, it has become out of shape or brittle or has broken. I lost a pin, and a watch repairer put a thicker pin in, it eventually bent and the strap would not stay on it, but the pin was now stuck in the watch. My 610 had other issues as well - would not charge reliably - so after a few months of taping it together I got a new one.