Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

The new MT110 I've been waiting ages for have arrived. I grabbed a pair in Sports Direct, Denton, for £40 yesterday and ran Mr Sparkles Dark Un in them.

They're brilliant shoes, I didn't expect them to cope well in the mud, but they weren't too bad certainly better than the MT101. On wet rocky descents they were much better. Comfort wise they are really nice and the 4mm heel drop gets you on your toes nicely.

I was worried they wouldn't be grippy enough with the American outsole, but they are grippier than the old MT101. The upper seems a lot tougher too so they should last a bit longer.

In short they're the best trail shoes I've bought, they coped last night with conditions more suited to Mud Claws, and they're less than half the price of Roclites. If you liked the MT101 get yourself down Sports Direct.

My trusty MT101s are in the bin with a massive hole in them now - long live the MT110!!!

Re: New Balance MT110 Have Arr

Whats the sizing like compared to the MT101?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    Whats the sizing like compared to the MT101?
    The fit is a little tighter across the fore foot with a wider toe box, but I still take a size 9 in the MT110 like I do in the Minimus and MT101.

Wandering past my local Mike Ashley Emporium of Lonsdale later on, so might have a look. I assume the versions they have is just the standard D fitting, as heard there is a 2E fitting for use web footed yokels?

Something like the 101 in 9.5 with a wider fitting would be ideal, but imagine I will just have to go up to a 10 in a D.

Quote Originally Posted by barrierfreeman View Post
    Wandering past my local Mike Ashley Emporium of Lonsdale later on, so might have a look. I assume the versions they have is just the standard D fitting, as heard there is a 2E fitting for use web footed yokels?

Something like the 101 in 9.5 with a wider fitting would be ideal, but imagine I will just have to go up to a 10 in a D.
    I asked the cashier if all the stores have them and she told me they were new in, but should be in all the other branches too. I'm not sure if they do the wider versions, but they're a slipper like fit with room for the toes.

Super Moderator

I've just bought a pair mail order from Sports Direct

NB 101 are possibly the most comfortable trail shoe I've tried but I didn't like the heel differential
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Just started using these more regularly and am very impressed. Very light and minimal feeling, but with enough cushioning and support to not mess up your calves if you're not really ready for properly minimal trainers.

Terrible on anything muddy and slippy I'd say, but great for hard-packed trails or dry conditions.

Agree with earlier posts that Trail Rocs would have to be amazing to be worth the extra money, although having a quick look on the internet I can't see loads of stock around. Maybe there's an updated version coming?
    Last edited by L.F.F.; 12-02-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

I think that the main benefit with the Trailrocs is the extra grip in soft conditions and protection around the midfoot

Love the MT110 for dry conditions on relatively smooth ground but the the lack of midfoot rockplate and exposed EVA caused my arches to take a beating on rocks.

There is a new trailroc range that promises improved durability and wiggle have stock of it. Should start to appear elsewhere soon. I've written a review of the 245's here if you are interested......

Thanks for that.

I can't see me ever paying for the trail rocs at those sort of prices as I'd only use them for the sort of things I'd use the MT110s for - harder packed, dryer stuff.

Muddier stuff I'd stick with Roclites or Saucony Peregrine I think.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Yep.....with you on that. I guess some will prefer the 'anatomical' fit of the Trailrocs but Roclites offer a more protective upper for sure