Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

The new MT110 I've been waiting ages for have arrived. I grabbed a pair in Sports Direct, Denton, for £40 yesterday and ran Mr Sparkles Dark Un in them.

They're brilliant shoes, I didn't expect them to cope well in the mud, but they weren't too bad certainly better than the MT101. On wet rocky descents they were much better. Comfort wise they are really nice and the 4mm heel drop gets you on your toes nicely.

I was worried they wouldn't be grippy enough with the American outsole, but they are grippier than the old MT101. The upper seems a lot tougher too so they should last a bit longer.

In short they're the best trail shoes I've bought, they coped last night with conditions more suited to Mud Claws, and they're less than half the price of Roclites. If you liked the MT101 get yourself down Sports Direct.

My trusty MT101s are in the bin with a massive hole in them now - long live the MT110!!!

Re: New Balance MT110 Have Arr

Whats the sizing like compared to the MT101?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    Whats the sizing like compared to the MT101?
    The fit is a little tighter across the fore foot with a wider toe box, but I still take a size 9 in the MT110 like I do in the Minimus and MT101.

Wandering past my local Mike Ashley Emporium of Lonsdale later on, so might have a look. I assume the versions they have is just the standard D fitting, as heard there is a 2E fitting for use web footed yokels?

Something like the 101 in 9.5 with a wider fitting would be ideal, but imagine I will just have to go up to a 10 in a D.

Quote Originally Posted by barrierfreeman View Post
    Wandering past my local Mike Ashley Emporium of Lonsdale later on, so might have a look. I assume the versions they have is just the standard D fitting, as heard there is a 2E fitting for use web footed yokels?

Something like the 101 in 9.5 with a wider fitting would be ideal, but imagine I will just have to go up to a 10 in a D.
    I asked the cashier if all the stores have them and she told me they were new in, but should be in all the other branches too. I'm not sure if they do the wider versions, but they're a slipper like fit with room for the toes.

Super Moderator

I've just bought a pair mail order from Sports Direct

NB 101 are possibly the most comfortable trail shoe I've tried but I didn't like the heel differential
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Love the sports direct website - all they say on the features page is that they are "high arch trainers" and:

"If you are neutral or high arched you will need high arch trainer. High arch trainers provide cushioning and distribute your weight more evenly to prevent pain to the feet. "

Who writes this sh#t for them?

The sole looks very different form the US version I've read reviews about

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Love the sports direct website - all they say on the features page is that they are "high arch trainers" and:

"If you are neutral or high arched you will need high arch trainer. High arch trainers provide cushioning and distribute your weight more evenly to prevent pain to the feet. "

Who writes this sh#t for them?

The sole looks very different form the US version I've read reviews about
    It's the exactly the same as the US sole.

ordered some my self too...and bought my youngest boy a full football kit for £8 and the older one a Fernebache adidas away shirt for £4.99. whether you like the stores or not there's no doubt there's some cheap stuff on the website.

not sure why NB are supplying one of their 'ground breaking' shoes to a company who are discounting it 20% straight off the back. proper running shops who stock NB can't be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    ordered some my self too...and bought my youngest boy a full football kit for £8 and the older one a Fernebache adidas away shirt for £4.99. whether you like the stores or not there's no doubt there's some cheap stuff on the website.

not sure why NB are supplying one of their 'ground breaking' shoes to a company who are discounting it 20% straight off the back. proper running shops who stock NB can't be happy
    I bet they're pretty annoyed. I rang Accelerate a few months back and told me they wouldn't be out until July, so seeing them in Sports Direct for that price is a surprise!!