Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

Re: New Balance MT110 Have Arr

Nah, my right is my bigger foot. My feet are not lined up in the pic.

Could try a 10.5, but think I will wait till NB get them in and order online, that way I can order several and get them delivered/return for free.

....or it might just be the case the shoes don't fit me. In which case, it's wait for the Trailrocs to come out, but I bet £40 they will not be £40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    Not sure what you mean by a not very durable upper, they certainly look more durable than any inov8 shoe I've worn!
    Well I only said that they *look* less durable. The uppers appear to be constructed out of perforated sheet material with no hint of any fibre inclusion as opposed to the more normal woven materials used. They look to me like they could tear easily or suffer fatigue cracking.

As I say, that just my opinion based on how they look. Be interesting to read accounts of how well they last in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by runningfool View Post
    Well I only said that they *look* less durable. The uppers appear to be constructed out of perforated sheet material with no hint of any fibre inclusion as opposed to the more normal woven materials used. They look to me like they could tear easily or suffer fatigue cracking.

As I say, that just my opinion based on how they look. Be interesting to read accounts of how well they last in practice.
    The perforated plastic is round a fibre sock.

Just back from my first run in them, did 20 miles on the NY Moors, round the Osmotherley Phoenix route-ish!

Fantastic shoe, straight out of the box, obviously need a bit of wearing in, but got round without much teething pain at all, no blisters.

Must say its a very fast shoe, great on all terrains I encountered today, albeit mainly trail.

If they make this shoe with bigger lugs for the heavy fell terrain they will be laughing.

It´s not a fell shoe nor a orienteering shoe but a trail shoe. And a great trail shoe it is! Grip is OK but not what i prefer racing in muddier conditions / orienteering. The upper´s to weak for that to.. But the rubber compound is OK on wet rock and the logs got dencent grip, even downhill.. It´s a great all terrain shoe, even for long distance. It´s what we in Sweden call "lagom", or moderate..?
    Excuse my spelling, i´m Swedish! - www.swedentrails.com

Quote Originally Posted by swedentrails View Post
    It´s not a fell shoe nor a orienteering shoe but a trail shoe. And a great trail shoe it is! Grip is OK but not what i prefer racing in muddier conditions / orienteering. The upper´s to weak for that to.. But the rubber compound is OK on wet rock and the logs got dencent grip, even downhill.. It´s a great all terrain shoe, even for long distance. It´s what we in Sweden call "lagom", or moderate..?
    Yeah deffo agree, a cheap trail shoe as well, should do well against the new inov8 trail rocs, which will be at least double the price.

I got MT101 to and i think the outsole on MT110 is a big step up! It´s grippier, a lot better on wet rock and shred mud better to.. I really dislike the lugs on MT101, slippery when wet, collects mud and they´re even unstable sideways. But MT101 feels great on my foot (except it´s heel-drop) and the heel cup is the best iv´e tried.
    Excuse my spelling, i´m Swedish! - www.swedentrails.com

I do most of my training in Adidas Kanadia and will need to replace the latest pair in a month or so.

Expect some of you will have run in both so how would they compare ? I use the Kanadia as I like the comfort and cushioning they give.

Quote Originally Posted by barrierfreeman View Post
    Well, managed to try some on in my local SD.

...and it's the strangest thing. The width and length of the shoe, a 10, was fine, but my big toe on the left foot was jammed up against the roof of the toe box, as shown:
    This was my problem when I took my normal size in the 101's I guess sizing up is the only option. Funnily the Merrel Trail gloves are a bit like that - my toe touches the top, but when I run in them they seem to be fine. When I ran in the 101's my feet just felt too cramped up and horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Yeah deffo agree, a cheap trail shoe as well, should do well against the new inov8 trail rocs, which will be at least double the price.
    I think that inov 8 will have to drop the price of these trail rocs - unless - they are the BEST shoe ever, then people may buy them for the reported 110 smackers.

By BEST shoe ever I mean this - They will grip on all terrain, they will be light with a bomb proof upper, they will shed water like a sieve, they will have loads of room for the toes but at the same time allow for contouring. They will be suitable for short races, long races, ultras and training. And... They won't fall apart after 30 days of normal use.

If they do all of that and more I MAY part with the 110 pounds.