Thread: Mudclaw 265

Mudclaw 265

I have been using a pair of these recently and completed Rombalds Stride in them yesterday. I have to say, they're fantastic. My feet are in the best shape ever after a long distance race and they felt great on all the different types of terrain. With a little more structure then the x talon they feel more comfortable but still very stable and low slung. I'm sold. They're my new favourite fell shoe by a mile.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Agree 100%. I've had them for quite a few months now and I honestly can't think of a single thing I'd change about them. I've never run in a shoe that provides the grip of the 265 whilst feeling so light, nimble, flexy and low to the ground. Full review here if anyone is interested.

Their the first inov8s ive run in that the studs shear off after 20 miles and they hold water like a pair of buckets! but they are comfy if I little too wide for my feet.
    WOODZY.

I love them, got two pairs on the go. Have to be the best shoes I've worn for a long time. Just hope they don't tinker with them too soon.

Well I hope they are good, I have ordered a pair. I have been wearing 270 with the diagonal lacing for racing and 300 for training up till now, I have had one pair of 270’s for 7 years and still going strong, however my feet seemed to have gone up ½ a size, so they no longer fit.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Woodzy View Post
    Their the first inov8s ive run in that the studs shear off after 20 miles and they hold water like a pair of buckets! but they are comfy if I little too wide for my feet.
    I had the studs shearing off on a pair of Talons in the summer, Inov8 exchanged them for some 265s that I've been enjoying ever since in both long & short races...

Having now used both the 265s and 212s in fell races I personally would definitely go for the 265s on more rugged Lakeland terrain. They feel more stable for me, more sturdy descending and yet they're still relatively light. The 212s are great for more grassy fell races. I'm sure the 212s are ideal for many in the lakes races but for me they're just not durable enough for me in terms if support. I had a recent trip to the lakes and did some training fell runs and I just feel much more confident in the 265s on that kind of terrain. (Tough central and southern fells)

Fancy trying the Walsh pb elite extreme too though, they look and sound good!