Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

Re: New Balance MT110 Have Arr

Hello, new to FRA..

Had been waiting for friend to bring over a couple of pairs of the MT110s in US 14 (UK13.5), and was using the Saucony Peregrine as a stop gap, until I saw the MT110s on SD website (and F&T and Lilleywhites, all one company judging by the website appearance). Peregrine had been fine but with a stack height of 22mm heel and 18mm forefoot, just lost the feel I had with my MT10s. I had been using MT10 in size UK12.5 (larger sizes not available here).

Anyway, jumped at the chance of getting such a bargain and bought 2 pairs straightaway. First run out this morning 8.5miles, some road, canal path, riverbank, woodland and hills. What a fantastic shoe! Better grip than the MT10, without a doubt, more protection underfoot than the MT10. I loved the MT10, but the occasional sharp rock by the river bank was very painful. Stack height is 5mm less than the Peregrine, and the feedback from the ground is excellent. This is the best off road shoe I have worn. I cannot comment on Inov8 because they don't do my size in the UK, though I have seen some US 14 on US websites! What's that all about? Like there aren't people with big feet in Britain.

Anyway, in a nutshell, when I finally get my 2 pairs over from the US I'll have 4 in total and that's me sorted for the next 2-3 years depending on durability.

Well done New Balance, another fantastic shoe!

Done about 60+ miles in mine now and they are bedding in very nicely.

For me they feel vastly different on my feet compared to say the F195s, so far no problems at all.

The grip does have it limits, especially wet muddy grass, but alas they weren't designed for that, everything else they cope with well!

Looking forward to some more miles in them!

Only £35 at fieldandtrek now, size 7 only.

Proper bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Only £35 at fieldandtrek now, size 7 only.

Proper bargain.
    I wonder if they had a job lot and that's it? I've been doing pretty much all my running in them even on the fells, the only time they let me down is deep mud. I think the low profile makes a real difference to the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    I wonder if they had a job lot and that's it? I've been doing pretty much all my running in them even on the fells, the only time they let me down is deep mud. I think the low profile makes a real difference to the grip.
    Yeah deffo just a job lot it seems.

I reckon they might order some more, seems like they've gone out like hot cakes!

They are getting a full UK release June/July, mine should last until then, ran in them for all of my midweek runs on local trails and fields, been running sockless and they feel great

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeter View Post
    They are getting a full UK release June/July, mine should last until then, ran in them for all of my midweek runs on local trails and fields, been running sockless and they feel great
    Mine are bedding in lovely, I wore them round the Kinder Trog route and they were great very comfortable. They're definitely my long distance or training shoe of choice now.

I ran in my Minimus last night and they feel very different to the MT110, far less supportive and more barefoot, which is surprising considering the shoes share the same last and heel drop.

Sweat shop have now too. Still gutted mine didn't fit. Tempted to try another pair on the off chance that the ones I got were duff.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Super Moderator

Wore mine again last night and they seem to be 'bedding in' well too. They fit better than when I first wore them. I can see me wearing them a lot over the coming months if the weather remains dry:thumbup:
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 23-03-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Ran Edale Skyline in mine yesterday. 21 miles in 20 degree heat and no blisters, fantastic shoes.