Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

Super Moderator

Re: New Balance MT110 Have Arr

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Got mine yesterday, 2 pairs to try on. Now my problem is that both seem okay... Normally I'm a 10 in most things so went for a 10.5 and and 11 to try. The 10.5 seems okay a little snug on the little toes but really nothing as bad as the fell shoes I used to wear! The 11 seems just a touch too long but the toes have a tiny bit more room. Should I go for the snug glove like fit or the more roomier fit? Do they stretch at all?
    They stretch. Mine felt a bit snug when I receive them but they've 'given' a bit and are a good fit now

I have to say I've been very surprised how good this shoe is and they seem to have caught a few folks' eye too, generating some interest
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    They stretch. Mine felt a bit snug when I receive them but they've 'given' a bit and are a good fit now

I have to say I've been very surprised how good this shoe is and they seem to have caught a few folks' eye too, generating some interest
    Cheers for that I'll probably stick with the 10.5's then - I quite like the glove like fit anyway and If the 11's stretch they'd be too big.

Cheers for that I'll probably stick with the 10.5's then - I quite like the glove like fit anyway and If the 11's stretch they'd be too big.
    Just ran over an hour and forty minutes on tough mountain trails. Love 'em.

No problems at all, responsive like trail glove but with more grip. I'd love them more if they were zero drop, but I can live with the 4mm for the time being.

Just ordered my second pair of these. I don't usually buy second pairs.

Absolutely hammered my first pair, pretty much not even worn any other shoe besides a couple of races which required more grip.

The grip on the sole has stood up well, with the orange studs still with plenty of rubber on. There are a few cuts in the mesh outer, but thats partly my fault for playing footy in them a couple of times!

Other than that, the best running shoe I've owned since 2009, and by far the cheapest! Long live the MT110.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Just ordered my second pair of these. I don't usually buy second pairs.

Absolutely hammered my first pair, pretty much not even worn any other shoe besides a couple of races which required more grip.

The grip on the sole has stood up well, with the orange studs still with plenty of rubber on. There are a few cuts in the mesh outer, but thats partly my fault for playing footy in them a couple of times!

Other than that, the best running shoe I've owned since 2009, and by far the cheapest! Long live the MT110.
    Couple of questions for you Ukhursty - After running in them for a while did the EVA compress? Do you notice the difference between your old pair and your new pair? Does the older pair's sole feel firmer - is there better groundfeel?

I've got about 130 miles on mine and they still feel squishy... Just wondering.

Couple of questions for you Ukhursty - After running in them for a while did the EVA compress? Do you notice the difference between your old pair and your new pair? Does the older pair's sole feel firmer - is there better groundfeel?

I've got about 130 miles on mine and they still feel squishy... Just wondering.
    They took a few miles to bed in, but the first two runs I did were a 20 miler then a 25 miler, and after the initial tightness on the first run, they bedded in relatively quickly.

I would say that sole does feel better, and provides more ground feel on the old pair, and I'll still be using the old pair for most of my runs.

The only reason I've bought the new pair is for a specific job related to work.

I love these, ran the Highland Fling in them recently, super comfy though arch/ mid foot a little achy after due to some rock hopping. Not suitable for everything, but with the 101 for most traing and Mudclaws for steep or wet fell races these are go to long distance trail or dry fell race.

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?

Lots of interesting new models from nb over on sports direct including 2 new minimus and a very nice looking racing flat
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by The devil's own View Post
    Lots of interesting new models from nb over on sports direct including 2 new minimus and a very nice looking racing flat

Yeah spotted those, not available till October time?

I think they are Minimus's with slightly more cushioning, if that even makes sense?!

£35 at SD now, seems like a bargain