Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

Just started using these more regularly and am very impressed. Very light and minimal feeling, but with enough cushioning and support to not mess up your calves if you're not really ready for properly minimal trainers.

Terrible on anything muddy and slippy I'd say, but great for hard-packed trails or dry conditions.

Agree with earlier posts that Trail Rocs would have to be amazing to be worth the extra money, although having a quick look on the internet I can't see loads of stock around. Maybe there's an updated version coming?
    Last edited by L.F.F.; 12-02-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

I think that the main benefit with the Trailrocs is the extra grip in soft conditions and protection around the midfoot

Love the MT110 for dry conditions on relatively smooth ground but the the lack of midfoot rockplate and exposed EVA caused my arches to take a beating on rocks.

There is a new trailroc range that promises improved durability and wiggle have stock of it. Should start to appear elsewhere soon. I've written a review of the 245's here if you are interested......

Thanks for that.

I can't see me ever paying for the trail rocs at those sort of prices as I'd only use them for the sort of things I'd use the MT110s for - harder packed, dryer stuff.

Muddier stuff I'd stick with Roclites or Saucony Peregrine I think.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Yep.....with you on that. I guess some will prefer the 'anatomical' fit of the Trailrocs but Roclites offer a more protective upper for sure

Finally got these broken in and I am now wearing thinner socks due to the snug fit; they battered the outside of my feet at first.

I think they're great, much grippier than the 101's which are lethal in the wet. I suppose both shoes make great sense in the dry hard pack trail world of America. I think I prefer the 101 but I'd like the sole made out of the same rubber compound as the 110.

I'm planning on wearing them in anger this Saturday at Llantysilio as Mudclaws are overkill for most of the race and the Mudclaws punish my forefoot on fast road descent finishes. I'll let you know if I break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Finally got these broken in and I am now wearing thinner socks due to the snug fit; they battered the outside of my feet at first.

I think they're great, much grippier than the 101's which are lethal in the wet. I suppose both shoes make great sense in the dry hard pack trail world of America. I think I prefer the 101 but I'd like the sole made out of the same rubber compound as the 110.

I'm planning on wearing them in anger this Saturday at Llantysilio as Mudclaws are overkill for most of the race and the Mudclaws punish my forefoot on fast road descent finishes. I'll let you know if I break anything.
    They are a fantastic shoe, had 3 pairs now. Quite a few people don't get on with them though!

Very good price as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    They are a fantastic shoe, had 3 pairs now. Quite a few people don't get on with them though!

Very good price as well!
    I'm looking forward to the new version of these, I did really enjoy the 110, I thought they were great for racing dry dusty and rocky terrain, but I did feel that the toe box tapered in a bit too sharply on the lateral side...Plus I had to belt sand them flat... I guess the anatomical fit is just not my thing although it never caused blisters, just a bit annoying. So I'm personally quite pleased to see that the next gen will be more of a trad design, with what looks like a stronger upper (I punctured my uppers on small sticks within days of use) and a much better looking sole design... If they can also keep the cost down to pre-2010 price levels like the current MT's then I think they'll be a winner. (I'd go for the black ones personally)
    MT110v2.jpg

Well they were really suited to the terrain today at Llantysilio but they blackened me big toenail on the steep descent off Moel y Gamelin. They're a great shoe for trails with a smattering of road and summer fell races (without steep descents). I haven't seen a picture of the 110v2 before; looks like a good hybrid of the 101 and 110 - exactly what I'm after.

Just read that at the same time as releasing the MT110v2; NB will also release the 007 another trail shoe and the Minimus Trail Zero v2 (MT00v2)
    see here http://runblogger.com/2013/08/2014-s...e-minimus.html apparently it has very little to do with the MT00v1 apart from zero drop but it sees the return of the RX Terrain tread pattern this promises to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Just read that at the same time as releasing the MT110v2; NB will also release the 007 another trail shoe and the Minimus Trail Zero v2 (MT00v2)
    see here http://runblogger.com/2013/08/2014-s...e-minimus.html apparently it has very little to do with the MT00v1 apart from zero drop but it sees the return of the RX Terrain tread pattern this promises to be good.
    Will be purchasing a pair of those when I'm home! They look fantastic, and with a little more grip underneath!