Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance MT110 Have Arrived

Re: New Balance MT110 Have Arr

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I think that inov 8 will have to drop the price of these trail rocs - unless - they are the BEST shoe ever, then people may buy them for the reported 110 smackers.

By BEST shoe ever I mean this - They will grip on all terrain, they will be light with a bomb proof upper, they will shed water like a sieve, they will have loads of room for the toes but at the same time allow for contouring. They will be suitable for short races, long races, ultras and training. And... They won't fall apart after 30 days of normal use.

If they do all of that and more I MAY part with the 110 pounds.
    Given the 110s are £40, for £110, the Trailrocs would have to have the above....and the ability to hover.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I think that inov 8 will have to drop the price of these trail rocs - unless - they are the BEST shoe ever, then people may buy them for the reported 110 smackers.

By BEST shoe ever I mean this - They will grip on all terrain, they will be light with a bomb proof upper, they will shed water like a sieve, they will have loads of room for the toes but at the same time allow for contouring. They will be suitable for short races, long races, ultras and training. And... They won't fall apart after 30 days of normal use.

If they do all of that and more I MAY part with the 110 pounds.
    Just fitting my feet will be enough.
    "That was the night everything changed"

£39 is a giveaway compared to Inov-8s pricing..
    Excuse my spelling, i´m Swedish! - www.swedentrails.com

after receiving mine and walking round the house in them I feel like they are 'pushing' my foot slightly inwards.

on further inspection it looks to me like the outer midsole at the front is thicker than the inner, is everyone elses like that? not sure if its an optical illusion or not but there are 3 grooves on the midsole on the outer at the front and only 2 on the inner.

felt good to run in and I have noticed that when up on my toes in other shoes I have a tendancy to push off more with the outer part of my foot than with my big toe which has led to tight calves and strains down my outer calf. maybe this shoe is designed to stop that or maybe its a flaw or maybe its nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    after receiving mine and walking round the house in them I feel like they are 'pushing' my foot slightly inwards.

on further inspection it looks to me like the outer midsole at the front is thicker than the inner, is everyone elses like that? not sure if its an optical illusion or not but there are 3 grooves on the midsole on the outer at the front and only 2 on the inner.

felt good to run in and I have noticed that when up on my toes in other shoes I have a tendancy to push off more with the outer part of my foot than with my big toe which has led to tight calves and strains down my outer calf. maybe this shoe is designed to stop that or maybe its a flaw or maybe its nothing at all
    There is quite a lot of debate about this issue. For me, they do list slightly, and it seems pronounced when standing. When running though, the shoe performed brilliantly for me, just shy of 3 hours for the first run and didnt encounter any issues, just fast midfoot strike running.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    There is quite a lot of debate about this issue. For me, they do list slightly, and it seems pronounced when standing. When running though, the shoe performed brilliantly for me, just shy of 3 hours for the first run and didnt encounter any issues, just fast midfoot strike running.
    Agree!
    Excuse my spelling, i´m Swedish! - www.swedentrails.com

ok so I'm not imaging it neither have I got a duff pair!!

good to hear you 2 agree, felt good running. my big reservation was I am trying to go down the minimalist, back to basics running after a long time wearing orthotics etc. In theory you can't over pronate iff landing on your forefoot. I have done loads of foot and lower leg strengthening exercises and built up slowly with no injuries so far.

so this shoe rather alarmed me as it felt like it was almost forcing me into an over pronated position...however if you land on your fore to mid foot it seems to perform well.

There is quite a lot of debate about this issue. For me, they do list slightly, and it seems pronounced when standing.

glad you said that felt really odd when first tried on, not run in them yet so here's hoping they're ok.

re previous post... sport shoes first cancelled my order because they didn't have any , then sent me a pair unfortunately they remembered to charge me.

I can feel the slight angle in them too, but again they feel brilliant while running!

As can I, great to run in though!