Thread: Junior races Loughrigg 11 Apri

Junior races Loughrigg 11 Apri

This is a quick notice to club coaches and parents that Ambleside AC will be hosting Junior Races on the evening of the Loughrigg Fell Race, Wed 11th April. This is not currently listed in the calendar as we had to get a new Junior RO for this year. I wanted to give you some notice of this, in case you want to promote it to your youngsters. We have a fledgling junior club here at Ambleside and our runners would greatly benefit from the hot competition provided by more experienced members of other clubs.

Full details are not yet confirmed, but it will all take place from Rothay Park in Ambleside, with registration from approx. 5pm and Junior races all finished in time for seniors to race Loughrigg (which starts at 7pm).
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Re: Junior races Loughrigg 11

Eleanor

Do you know roughly where the junior loughrigg races will go - in other words will they be pretty much all off the tarmac?

If so I'll see if I can encourage any Eden Runners to go... with one or two exceptions it's hard work to get our juniors to venture onto the fells in spite of repeated encouragement.
    if I can't see blencathra it's raining
    if I can see blencathra it's going to rain

Last year's course was up the fell to Lily Tarn and back down... presumably the same again but I'm sure Eleanor will be along at some point to confirm.

It's slightly different to last year. We had to start them from quite high up the fell in order to reach Lily Tarn within the FRA distance guidelines. This year they will all start from the park - under 8s will stay on the park and/or tarmac only. Over 8s will head for Todd Crag (not Lily Tarn, to avoid a nasty rocky section on the fell). The course will be roughly half and half on steep tarmac and steep fell. Blencathra, it would be excellent to see some Eden Runners, so I hope you can encourage them. Elliptic, will you be coming to take some photies!?

Bump!
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

The results from Junior Todd Crag races are now up on our club website... http://www.amblesideacjuniors.co.uk/local-races.php

We had a great night for racing with 55 juniors taking part, plus a few Ambleside Junior parents running the Loughrigg Race for their first time. Well done to all.

Thanks to all those who organised and marshaled the races. Good challenging routes were enjoyed by all on a lovely sunny lakeland evening.

Master

Just got back from a week in the Lakes. Thanks to all who organised the Junior races on Wednesday night. Kids had a great time on a lovely Summers evening.