Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Long Tour of Bradwell

That is a great time, let alone for a first ultra... I'd reconsider not doing any more after a performance like that...!!!

Haworth Hobble in march is a great race and lots of history, similar distance but a bit less total climb, you'd probably be looking at well under 6 hours (something I've not yet managed)...

I'd also recommend the Lakes Mountain 42 in April which is more of a fell race in nature, but very long. Very low key atmosphere and stunningly beautiful on the first section and over Helvellyn. Tough race though. 42 miles and something like 10000ft of climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    That is a great time, let alone for a first ultra... I'd reconsider not doing any more after a performance like that...!!!

Haworth Hobble in march is a great race and lots of history, similar distance but a bit less total climb, you'd probably be looking at well under 6 hours (something I've not yet managed)...

I'd also recommend the Lakes Mountain 42 in April which is more of a fell race in nature, but very long. Very low key atmosphere and stunningly beautiful on the first section and over Helvellyn. Tough race though. 42 miles and something like 10000ft of climbing.
    This is a bit like our Granddaughter Kaci with her GCSE options. She really does not like French but she is very good at it so she chose it as an option. MrRTS is not keen on Ultra's and it wont improve his life chances by not doing another so ... he will stick to under 26.2 mile distances haha :-) Hope to see you at one of his other races later in the year Travs. ... Ben Nevis? Peris Horseshoe? his favourite 9 edges? His final 50@50 will be Edale skyline right on our doorstep and another favourite. 11th March just 3 days before he is 51 :-)