Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Two Lads

Re: Two Lads

Yes, good, friendly race. Many thanks.

Good turnout last night, nearly 200, on a hot and very dry underfoot conditions for Rivy. Cheers Colin and his many helpers. Well done Joe Mercer and Linsey Brindle on their race wins. Even the 'cold' water at the end felt warm, what a scorcher.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Nearly went to this race but ended up buying a mattress in Ikea instead... Doing the race would have been friendlier on the wallet!

Thanks to all involved. First time at this one for me even though its very local. Been on my to do list for a while and very much enjoyed it.

Does anyone know where I locate photographs from this race. I saw at least one photographer on the course? Thanks

Looks like the weather might be the same tomorrow as it was last year! 22 degs predicted
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Frustrating evening. Having battled through traffic and got on the M61, I could see the smoke billowing over the fell.
    I'd actually forgotten about it by the time I snaked up to the venue only to hear that it'd been canned.
    Feel sorry for the organisers.
    I went up Belmont Rd and did some reps up Winter Hill and it seemed to have cleared by then?

Walsh Two Lads Fell Race.

First of all can I say how sorry I am that the race had to be called off at the very last minute.
    As I drove home from work just before 4pm I noticed the smoke high up above the Smithills side of Winter Hill. At 4.50 I drove up the mast road to check where the fire was and if it would affect the race. I then spent nearly 45 minutes with the chief fire officer and the United Utilities warden, during which time the decision was made by them that the race should go ahead, and I was given clearance to do so.
    At 6.55 I received a phone call from the Chief Fire Officer for Lancashire asking me to call off the event. His decision had not been an easy one, but it was taken with the competitors safety in mind. The fire was moving in an unpredictable way and the fire from was moving towards the Two Lads even though it was a significant distance from the race route. Also excessive traffic on the mast road compromised pedestrian safety.

As such I think the right decision was taken, albeit very late in the day and at many runners inconvenience, disappointment and cost. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who turned out on the night to either help or compete.

Colin Jones (Race Organiser)

Massive thanks to Horwich RMI & helpers for Thursday's race in very humid & midge packed conditions

Results here in case anybody was still browsing for them - http://www.ukresults.net/2016/twolads.html
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC