Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BG 2012 Recce's....

BG 2012 Recce's....

Right! I'm at least half way committed!!...not generally enough I know but...!!

Just thought a thread with up-coming recce's might assist myself and one or two others to find people to assist, run with etc. I'm going to post if I've got a, far enough, pre-planned recce I'm doing. I did a sort of, half-a**ed, recce on Friday with the 'missus', over the Dodds, and am now officially looking for other opportunities.

Re: BG 2012 Recce's....

Well, I am probably at the same stage as you, so keen to recce the route also at any given opportunity!!. Will let you know if and when we have any outings arranged. Andrea
    http://conversationsalongtheway.wordpress.com

Same here.

Aiming to have a crack at the BG in next year or two. I'll happily tag along.

Ditto. Am up all week from monday with the aim of wandering around the lines. I'll be doing a mixture of walking/running most of the route (might skip the road sections around Keswick) with my mutts - a black/white & tan collie and a heinz sandy coloured mutt with a curly tail and white pop socks, say Hi if your passing. Some of the sections I'll be doing in both directions and checking out the options, obviously company welcome. Camping just south of Keswick - not entirely sure where as it'll depend who lets us in. May also be quite visible in the cafes in the local area - carbo & caffeine loading obviously ;-)

Intending on getting up once a month to continue clocking the miles. Sometimes coinciding with events like Dunnerdale in Nov.

Aiming at a late June 2012 crack at it (assuming my knees hold together)
    'Normal' people are the ones you don't know very well.

Hi,

I am going for June 2012 too. Looking forward to the big days out for the recce's. Managed leg 4 a couple of weeks ago. Aiming for Gable to Keswick before Christmas.
    LIFE...........for a limited period only!

Well, if we're all admitting to our 2012 intentions I might as well throw my hat into the ring .... June 2012 for me too. Already recce'd the whole thing pretty thoroughly and done several supports during 2011 but will carry on with much of the same. Don't think I'll spend as much time up there over winter as I have in recent months, will be focussing on getting the climbing in and building on core fitness. Will post on here when ever a recce is pending though.

Martyn
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Probably July for me. Got the Mont Blanc Marathon 1st July so have to fit around that and the Welsh 100s about first week in June. I'll be up for recces earlier in the year and also to support sections for any of your goes in June.

After my aborted attempt this year I'll probably be having a bash in 2012... thinking late April/early May at the moment. Definitely up for recces. I'm based up in Kendal and will be getting out for a big day's run every week, often mid-week due to work. Also happy to support attempts. Will be out this Thursday for a recce of the Tour de Helvellyn loop from Patterdale, but could be persuaded to include a chunk of the ridge.

Hank, if you want any support during your April/May attempt please ask, the timing would be perfect for me and I want to try and get some back-to-back supports in (ie. 1/2, 4/5, maybe 3/4/5). What schedule are you on?

Martyn
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Hank, if you want any support during your April/May attempt please ask, the timing would be perfect for me and I want to try and get some back-to-back supports in (ie. 1/2, 4/5, maybe 3/4/5). What schedule are you on?

Martyn
    Thanks Martyn, that would be great... I intend on keeping my attempt fairly minimal, so one person for a couple of legs would be spot on. Schedule largely depends on my winter's training. I'd happily take 23.59, but hope to perhaps be able to go off on something like 22.30.