Hiyers,

Does anyone have any inside knowledge about fell running in the Dublin area - work are threatening to send me there shortly for up to 6 months on an early Monday morning to late Friday night basis. I don't really know anything about the area around Dublin so would appreciate any knowledge anyone has.

My first thought was to be horrified that after slogging through the dark winter months of head torch running the light summer evenings out on the hills are going to be stolen from me... I noticed on the map that the Wicklow mountains are near Dublin, does anyone know if it is feasible to get to these via public transport and back from Dublin for an evenings run or even better does anyone know of a Dublin based fell running club (am I hoping too much)?

Apologies if anyone from Dublin thinks I'm having a downer on their city, no offense meant I'm just on a downer with work, apparently being married or having kids exempts you from such work placements but if you happen to eschew christian festivals or state sanctioned certificates your fair game along with the rest of the poor youngsters who apparently don't have lives because they are young. Actually if there are people from/in Dublin reading this that's potentially great - if this secondment turns out to be a chance to spend summer weekday evenings running on new hills I'd be fairly chuffed.

Thanks!
Andy